Chest.

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Jan 18, 2014 12:13am
via Android

What are some good chest strengthening workouts. I was benching around 120 comfortably ive left flat bench for quite awhile. Ive been doing heavy flys inner chest and decline. Strong shoulders. Finally got back into flat bench....I put my hat down and wanted to walk out the gym

18 Jan
Actually. I migh answer myself. Just do flat bench and increase.. eat right.....and unfortunately swallow my bravado
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Jan 18, 2014 12:24am
via Android

I heard flat bench should only be around 30% of your chest exercises. Try hitting incline dumbell press and flys with cables. Also, if you want to do flat bench, hit the reverse grip bench press for added flavor. Awesome exercise

18 Jan
Cool thanks for the tips jason. Will be doing them its good to have some new input when your routine gets old. Definately doing reverse grip
18 Jan
Highly recommend it buddy. Best of luck
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 19, 2014 5:22am
via iOS
Believe it or not, squats. There are studies that suggest that if you workout your lower body, there could be up to a 10% increase in your upper body gains. It's not over night, obviously. But I just started squatting and doing other leg workouts about two weeks ago, and I have a new PR with more gains on my bench-press and other chest workouts.
19 Jan
You got any links to those studies?
Image_thumb
481 Posts
Jan 19, 2014 8:47am
via Android

Its not that difficult its not the exercises tht your doing its your method of training... if I'm doing inclines flyes or presses with say 60lbs give or take every chest workout  I'm just plain not going to have a big bench press ...bench press you go a lot heavier on then dumbells for obvious reasons... training bench press by using bench press works everyone wants to try today's modern stuff and say its best but the classics worked back then and they still do today... hit the flat bench start with 45% of your max now pyramid the weight up every set as the weight goes up the reps per set go down till you hit your max find a spotter if you dnt have one cause if you really want you'll need one.. dnt be afraid to train with your max incorporate your flyes and presses using the same method for the flat bench for the presses take your pecs to failure till you couldn't to one more rep if you wanted to... log everything down every exercise rep set and weight and next time beat  those records if its one rep or 5lbs beat it but do it right dnt sacrifice form..anther trick some monster guy taught me is bench press is a compound movement the triceps involved are a weaker muscle then the pectorials and needless to say give out before the pecs do train triceps hard the bigger load they can hold the bigger bench..

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Jan 19, 2014 10:09am
via Android

I actually think another one of my problems apart from having left chest out of my routine for so long has been the overtraining which had been leaving me weaker than stronger. But I love training so...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51