Stretching help!!

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 20, 2014 6:55pm
via Android

So I worked with a personal trainer today and he kicked my butt, which is great! I've worked with a personal trainers roughly 5 times and have been pretty much unable to move for the next few days. I'm already soar and it hasn't even been two hours. Tomorrow, I have to give a demonstration for my absolute DREAM job as a dance instructor, so I can't be completely cripple! In fact, I need to be able to go as full out as I can! If anyone has suggestions for really effective stretches that they use, that would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Image_thumb
78 Posts
Jan 20, 2014 8:10pm

Get in the steam room - great for muscle soreness

20 Jan
If I don't have access to a steam room would a bath or shower help to a certain extent?
Image_thumb
78 Posts
Jan 20, 2014 8:26pm

A soak in a hot bath followed by a good sleep will give the body back on track. Good luck for your interview.

20 Jan
Will do! Thank you! Thank you! Thank youuuu! Let's hope I can still dance!! Haha I didn't even think about the heat aspect. That's a great point
22 Jan
Actually a cold bath is better to start with and then a hot bath before you go on your interview.
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Jan 20, 2014 8:35pm
via Android

Swimming in the cold water at the beach is like performance enhancing drugs for sore muscles.

Or if ur not that professional, when your in the shower, switch between completely cold water 2 min or so, then back to warm water on the parts that are sore.

This does wonders, especially for legs. Hamstrings, quads, calves. Oh and stretch stretch stretch.

20 Jan
I'm in NY so no beaches, but showers are definitely doable. Today was leg day so that's perfect! Thank you so much for the advice!!
20 Jan
I didn't know that about cold water btw! Good to know for future reference as well!
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 6:02am
via Android

Full Body Stretches for Cool Down & Flexibility

I do these after an intense workout and they prevent me getting stiff and sore.

22 Jan
Im going to do this right now!! Awesome! Friday is my second demo so this will definitely help. My entire body is soar, but not half as bad as it would have been . the brunt of it is My lower body . The first demo went really well so thank you!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51