What REALLY motivated you?

23 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 21, 2014 11:18pm
via Android

What was the real reason you started working out? And is it the same reason you keep working out?

22 Jan
My reason is I love to look great in my birthday suit. ..that motivates me...and when I fall off the wagon well thank God for mirrors they never lie to me..in other words I just get where im happy with myself!
22 Jan
Selena gomez's figure :p
22 Jan
I saw the pictures from my college graduation last year.. I always thought weight was just a number but then I saw those and thought that's how people see me and I was ashamed. lost 27lbs in a few months and gained some back over the holidays.. Time to get back into the groove!! And I like working out.. Pushing yourself towards something you want
22 Jan
I'm tired of being lazy , sitting around all day doing nothing. I was in football I was saw the pictures we had taken and look at my self now, I was healthy, active and in good shape. now I push my self to an higher level and to keep on pushing.
23 Jan
The real reason that I began working out is the treadmill that I use daily. It helps me burn fat and calories while walking and running. I knew I had to do something besides cardio and anything else than watching something good on tv. I can exercise and lose the pounds and get great results. That's the thing that always motivates me.
Image_thumb
103 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 1:19am
via Android

Honestly to try and drop a few pounds and get somewhat healthier..getting older..but since I've been using this app I've made many many great friends that keep me motivated and really I have come to enjoy the exercises.. and if along the way I turn out to look lime you..well that would be great as well..keep up the great work..

22 Jan
Like..sorry
22 Jan
Lol appreciate the compliment man. But don't think for a second that you CANT get into ripped status and have the best Trav body you've ever had. Because you CAN its all about finding that motivation and continuously using it. Glad to hear you are doing what you can to get "somewhat" healthier lol bcuz before you know it you'll be super healthy and fit. Keep pushing.
22 Jan
You look beautiful how you are Travi xoxo
Image_thumb
237 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 1:22am
via Android

honestly awhile i was 225lbs outer shape & had asthma real bad with my bad eating habit i died twice from asthma after i was able to breathe on my on i said no more. i bust my butt to get in tip top shape day & out. an now wirking out & eating healthy is a life style for me

22 Jan
Damn man, that's some serious stuff! I often wondered what was my excuse when I heard stories like this, being I don't have any kind of medical conditions to interfere with my success. It looks like you worked damn hard to to get where you're at. I can only tip my hat brush and say much respect. It takes a lot to persevere and push through to success with a situation like yours. Glad you still BREATHING and getting to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Way to go.
22 Jan
thanx bra:-) much respect
22 Jan
Yeah man u deserve it.
22 Jan
Amazing story!! Thanks for sharing and motivation!!
Image_thumb
60 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 1:38am
via Android

Was really chubby, had a bad diet would constantly see Insanity commercial and the show Spartacus. I lost the weight awhile ago but the strength and tone I started to crave, its been 5 weeks and now it's the body change and improve performance that keeps me going.

22 Jan
I hear that. I remember when 300 came out and I said to myself man I need to get ripped so I can definitely relate to that feeling. It awesome you lost the weight most ppl have a hard time just accomplishing that. So make sure you use that success along with insanity and Spartacus to motivate you to the new and improved toned up you.
22 Jan
Thank you! It'll be a long road, well a month or two more but definitely worth it.
Image_thumb
392 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 2:53am
via Android

To live a fitness life style and to feel good about my body. Still the same goal from the start.

22 Jan
Believe it or not I feel like that's the ultimate goal... Not to look good... But to feel good about your body. We all heard that when you look good you feel good. But Feeling good is the better part. It carries your confidence and personality a long way. With No aches and pains, no bludges and lumps, no insecurities! That all equals feeling good and One couldn't ask for more. Great that's what motivates you.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 4:05am
via Android

What started me to workout was the love of running. It's in my blood. I like a guy to be fit as well as myself. Also I had a heart transplant and have to stay in shape and stay healthy.

23 Jan
Man I heart transplant that's serious stuff so happy to know that it was a successful one that you're able to be enjoy life staying fit and healthy.
Image_thumb
96 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 7:16am
via Android

I was a teenager and I think I was too fat (like I wish now I had that body oh what was I small) bull I felt ugly too so I begin with sport.. And eating.. Uh not eating.. But nothing was good enough for me and I went calory counting, but not in the good way.. Don't wanna talk about it further (but that's why I never wanna start counting anymore) but it went the good way, when I finally knew what I did I realised that I looked great already and wanted to sport to get in shape, and than I find out of bodybuilding and I was everyday in the gym and eated like that way too.
And than.. I got a fulltime job and did train, but my back didn't want like it used to be anymore and get more and more pain each month, till the doctor send me to the hospital and find out I have scoliosis, so that's where I am now.. I train cause I want to loose a lil betty fat and to strenthg my back.

23 Jan
Wow when it comes to conditions: I'm realizing a lot of people have them some more difficult than others but all of them serious! It makes me humble to hear people like you what doing what they need to do and I don't have anything no where near as serious. People like you are the kind of people that motivate me. Thanks for sharing your story
23 Jan
Wauw thank you so much! Haha I thought the same by yours so cool!
Image_thumb
96 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 7:16am
via Android

And what's your story Terrell?

23 Jan
What motivated me to get in shape was noticing just how much I let myself go from my incredible high school physique! Went from an 8 pack to a mini keg, from ripped to blimp, from swole to somp! :-( it really bothered me even though people would look at me and say I don't need to get in shape I already have a nice body. They didn't know where I came from and where I ended up so never expected them to understand. I knew I slacked off and needed to do something to get my 8 pack back....
23 Jan
You're story is so motivation!! Thanks for sharing!!
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 7:34am
via Android

I just wanted to feel better a lot of people around me were overweight and I didn't want feel out of place and make them feel bad by me being healthy and fit so I started getting fat with them to please them then I started putting myself first. They hate it and call me vain but I am happy I lost 13lbs so far so yeah

23 Jan
Its so funny how people can quickly label bettering yourself as selfish, especially when you're doing it to be healthy and not for what they want you to, which is to make them feel good. That's one of the craziest phenomenons in life one I will never understand. I'm so glad you got your head on right and decided to do what's best for you, because if you stayed getting fat and unhealthy for them, any respect or love that you would be getting because of it would have all been fake. Thanks for seeing the light, and great job...
Image_thumb
33 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 7:50am
via Android

Selena gomez's figure

23 Jan
Lol.... Can't go wrong with that. :-)
13339462_10100198879541018_5646676805041898568_n_thumb
15 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 6:17pm

I'm driven to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle and body. I grew up in a rural small town with fresh food (even meat), and took that for granted. I've been fit and athletic my entire life; I shouldn't allow dual severed ACLs to change that.

23 Jan
YIKES. I literally cringe reading that last sentence. I just pictured every football and basketball ankle injury I've ever seen flash across my eyes just now
23 Jan
But I like that word DRIVEN. It's one that fits someone who's gone through what you've been through and continue to not let it hinder them. I live in Miami and I wish we had fresh meat and produce. I'm sure wherever you are now you're not taking anything for granted. Thanks for sharing
Image_thumb
70 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 4:37am
via Android

For my gf lol :)

23 Jan
Lol at your comment and profile pic.
Jan 23, 2014 8:05am
via Android

LAPD SWAT and my Type 1 Diabetes.
I haven't used this app since last October, but whàt I did learn has helped. I'm 184 lbs better than the 195 lbs I was before & 200 lbs is still my goal. I got my butt handed to me in a LAPD Academy Prep last Dec. Never again I said, I joined a gym, saw I could fix some of my exercise forms, and am thankfully better. My diabetes is a chip on my shoulder, so I am competiive with myself & others haha

23 Jan
That's what's up. Its always good to having something to use to fuel you up when tackling a goal. Hopefully the next time you do the prep thing you own the person your up against.
Image_thumb
151 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 12:39pm
via iOS
At first I started working out to lose weight. But last year I tried doing cross country at my school and I loved it! My motivation is the thrill of getting out and running as much as I can.
23 Jan
That's cool. Simple but yet just enough to keep you Rollin. I like it.
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 8:50pm
via iOS
Didn't wanna be just skinny. I'm a shorter guy so I wanna look good, be tone and have a six pack. 
23 Jan
I don't see nothing skinny about you right now...looks like you can check that off your list. As far as everything else is concerned, I'm sure you'll check those off soon to.
23 Jan
Lol thanks, I was 120 for a long time, during and after high school. I'm 145 right now.
23 Jan
That's progress. Which is way better than nothing. Keep doing whatcha doing.
24 Jan
Thanks bro, trying to get that six pack is no joke. Lol
13339462_10100198879541018_5646676805041898568_n_thumb
15 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 8:53pm

Thank you! Miami probably has MUCH more fresh seafood though, and of that I am jealous! :)

23 Jan
Lol... A small few five star places by the beach but that's about it
Icon_missing_thumb
14 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 9:47pm
via Android

Had kids , getting older to the point where if I hadn't stated working out it was going be even harder later. I also changed the way I ate because I started thinking about all the crap I was putting in my body. Plus I want to be around to see my children grow up and my grandchildren if I have any.

23 Jan
That's a freaking awesome reason India. Kids are always one hell of a motivation... Not only because you wanna be around but because they do what they see you do. Use them... And you will do wonders.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 24, 2014 8:48am
via Android

My huge stomach hehe

Image_thumb
57 Posts
Jan 24, 2014 9:27am
via Android

Almost three years ago I'd have more than 40 kg more as at my wedding,  back pain, osteoarthritis in my knees that i could not sit long or in the back of a car and in my shoulder. Strong back pain and stomach flu at the same time was the motivation to start changing my eating and to start moving. Most ofthe time together with my wife. I did loose about 25 kg - but much more fat :-). Love running and working out at skimblers with all of my friends and buddies. I'd be happy to loose another 5-10kg but love eating too much and don't want to diet but rat more healthy...

2013-02-13_09
5 Posts
Jan 24, 2014 12:11pm
via Android

I never did much exercise till my 30s. I had a surgery on my leg and had to rehabilitate so started with cycling at the gym. Soon I was doing cardio, stretches, and finally weight training. At 37 I am fitter than I ever was but still have a long way to go. These days am focusing on swimming, working out at home with this appand, generally being active!

Image_thumb
122 Posts
Jan 24, 2014 12:21pm
via Android

I am a career firefighter but have always tried to remain fit & healthyOn the days I feel like training I do so because my life depends on it.  On those I don't I train because someone else's life does

Image_thumb
160 Posts
Jan 27, 2014 3:37am
via Android

I grew up working out im very hyper active so working out n playing sports is something i like. The more i workout i do the better athlete i will become

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Jan 27, 2014 4:29am
via Android

I was back home over the holidays and noticed my high school graduation pictures. I could not believe how much I had changed in 5 years. Made me want to puke that I let myself slip so much. I have also pushed myself to working out and getting healthier for a wedding I am in in August. I don't want to be the fat bridesmaid. And when the time comes and I am a mom I want to be the fit mom out playing and interacting with my kids not sitting on the bench watching! Motivation for sure to be a healthier individual.  Good luck to you all on your weight loss journey.

27 Jan
That, i could have a body like a model or that every girl says: i wish i had her body! That gives me the right Motivation.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51