Day or night???

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 1:07am
via Android

What time of day is it better to work out closer to when u wake up or before bed ive always had doubts as to when the body will get more benefits

22 Jan
In the morning
22 Jan
Workout when you have the most energy! If you're not going to have a good workout at the crack of dawn because your cranky it defeats the point. However doing it before bed may make it harder (or easier depending on you) to fall asleep. Moreover working out before bed doesn't utilize your increased metabolic rate that naturally occurs after a workout as much as it would if you did it say, before dinner.
22 Jan
Any time is a good time..I like after work helps me relax and forget about things
24 Jan
The point is to workout. Some times are better for some people. I find that the early afternoon into the best time for me. :-)
Image_thumb
60 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 1:14am
via Android

Day has great benefits, it can mean the burning of calories long after a hard session. And a more alert you.

22 Jan
The 60 minute workout works on you
22 Jan
What do you mean? I usually do 30 mins of an intense workout and I get the results. Is an hour of intensity even better then?
Image_thumb
91 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 3:21am
via Android

I've heard that evening workouts are better cause that's when you're metabolism is the slowest...

22 Jan
Your going to need sleep, a lot of times if you work out before you'll have a harder time trying to fall asleep
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 23, 2014 10:46am

When I used to work out regularly, I would usually get a 20 minute workout in about a half hour to an hour before bed and I always slept so much better after. 

I'd say try early and late workouts and base it off how you feel. If an early morning workout gets you pumped up for the rest of the day, great. If a workout before bed helps you unwind, good. Just see what works for you.

23 Jan
Working out before bed usually doesn't work out well for people. Not only does it mess with your sleeping pattern, getting you to sleep later than you actually would, but people usually have low energy levels at the end of the day. However, if you work on graveyard shift, then you would usually wake up at night and go to work then that's when it's best to work out. I found that when I did that, I never fell asleep at work. I always felt bouncy and full of energy afterwards.
Icon_missing_thumb
14 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 10:24pm
via Android

Whenever it is convenient for you. DO NOT cram a workout in just because someone tells you a certain time is best. If you do that you may get frustrated and become unmotivated. You need to be able to enjoy your workout. It really can be a fun uplifting thing to do. Goodluck.

Image_thumb
150 Posts
Jan 24, 2014 12:54am
via Android

I usually work out an hour after I wake up. That when I have the most energy

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51