Soreness

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 2:37am
via Android

I been working out for a couple of days now. With my back condition I workout every other day. But yesterday after my run I got so sore that I could hardly move and my legs felt like they weighed so much. I have been soaking in the tub but do anyone have any advice on what else I can do or if I need to stop running period. Thank in advance.

22 Jan
did u stretch before & after that usual help or do a light leg workout nothing to intense
22 Jan
I would suggest getting a foam roller to help massage your muscles after you workout. It will help to avoid getting as sore after workouts.
22 Jan
Don't forget to eat a banana after you run to up your potassium level a bit. It helps to lower the chance of muscle cramps and muscle fatigue. I remember this from high school track. :-)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 22, 2014 2:54am
via Android

I would stop the running. Some people just don't run well. Me being one of them.

22 Jan
I have had back problems for years from sports injuries and over doing it. For years I stuggled and had to find and modifie workouts for myself. I always warm up and get a good stretch And abdominal work outs b4 I do anything intense. Try to incorporate some kind of back work out in any routine u do. Nothing intense jus enough to work your back. As well as some yoga to help balance And better your posture. . I hope this helps
Image_thumb
1 Post
Jan 22, 2014 3:06am
via Android

Do easy yoga stretches before n after u workout or run to loosen ur muscles..

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 8:09am
via Android

Thanks for the advice everyone. I believe what I am feeling now is dealing with the nerves from my back because it's just my right leg that I canĀ  hardly move. I might have to go to the doctor and have them to give me another shot for the pain because it has become very painful to walk. But thank again to everyone that has commented.

22 Jan
Sounds very similar to my problems. Do stretches every morning and leg swings side to side and front to back til u feel loose and squats will help to strength ur lower back and thights. Remember pain killers are jus temporary. Try not to rely on them. The best is jus to do something for it almost everyday. Blieve me I go thro the same thing. The worst pains are in the morning lol.
22 Jan
Thanks Jason M I appreciate all the advice. The doctor said it from the pinch nerve I. My back that causing the pain. It has happen a couple times before. They did surgery before and it just cause my pain to be worse. But I will rest for now until I get better. Hopefully it want keep me down to long.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Jan 22, 2014 6:33pm
via Android

Hope you are feeling better.

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 9:28pm
via Android

Please dont say anything about soreness lol the squats from the cardio workout has kicked my butt lol

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 9:29pm
via Android

I know what you mean. Especially when you have to squat and jump.

Image_thumb
84 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 2:50am
via iOS
Mixing lavender essential oil with a carrier oil such as avacado oil helps relieve muscle aches and joint pain. It's what I use after a tough workout!
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 3:16pm
via Android

Lol omg yes exactly but im going to jump in there today no pain no gain lol

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51