Motivation...Or lack there of. (Help..)

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 22, 2014 10:05pm
via iOS
I used to love to work out. It would give me energy and i would feel so good about myself after. I've never been skinny, in fact ive always been really chubby around my stomach and thighs. I also had breathing problems because my lungs dont function at full capacity. But that never stopped me from running, swimming, and overall working out.

In october there was an accident and i hurt my ankle real bad. I havent been the same since. Ive been the biggest ive ever been (5'1 and 168 lbs) and cant bring myself to workout. My lungs are worse and my ankle cant hold up to me running. Im also engaged and want to feel good for the wedding. Being considered 'obese' according to my bmi doesnt make me want to dress shop. I just want to feel like me again.
23 Jan
I'm sorry to hear that. I can understand it is never easy to start again after stopping. After my mom passed away 4 years ago I hit 200lbs at 5 10 and started having problems being able to walk up a flight of stairs without feeling like I just ran a marathon. I finally started again after trying on dresses for my sister's wedding and realized I had gone up 3 dress sizes in less than 6 months. I then started to go for speed walks 30 min a time 4 days a week. Now 3 years later I'm up...
23 Jan
Melissa J, thank you for your reply. Its comforting to know that people were in a similar situation and pulled through
26 Jan
Hey girl u can do it again. U have done it once. Everything is possible.dont let nothing hold u back.if your anckel still feels alittle pain try some modifications workouts.that would let u know that atleast u r doing something right? So dont give up girl. U can do thiz hope thiz helpz
Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 2:23am
via Android

Talk 2 your partner find a activities u both enjoy that your fitness plan going bikecyle,swimming I don't think running or hiking is a match until your ankle100% read u p on some diets south beach has a lot going for it

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 23, 2014 4:13am
via Android

I know how you feel. I used to be very athletic but not anymore. I gained 127 pounds during my pregnancy. I've been working my butt off and I'm finally down to 152. My pre-pregnancy weight was 115 so I still have a way to go. When I started I had a hard time keeping my breath and all my old broken bone injuries were killing me. I had to do more moderate workouts and slowly build myself up. Its hard and very trying on the self-esteem when we want to do something but can't...yet. That's what you have to keep telling yourself. You may not be able to do it YET but will. Keep at it. YOU CAN DO IT. :-)

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 3:11pm
via iOS
Thank you so much for your reply. Its comforting to know that others are in a similar situation. And youre right! Just because i cant do it now doesnt mean i wont ever be able to. Thank you for your words of wisdom. God bless
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 3:14pm
via iOS
Thank you for your reply! I will deffinately involve my hubby-to-be in this journey. Thats a wonderful suggestion i havent condidered(: god bless
Image_thumb
72 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 4:08pm
via iOS
Rowing, stationary biking, swimming, shadow boxing or swimming are all options for someone with an ankle injury. Just make sure to wear a compression bandage. Also employ HIIT if you're interested in weight loss. It's a scorcher. (High intensity interval training)
Image_thumb
72 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 4:09pm
via iOS
Are you beginning and need motivation?

Also read the above link. It might (hopefully) help you out a bit. 
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 6:49pm
via Android

I know how you feel darlin. Three years ago I got in a bad car accident... hit by a train. That landed me with permanent back pains. Then two years ago I sprained my ankle badly.. and this last March I had my first child.. my loveable son. (Had to het fitted for my wedding last November.... three months pregnant... lol) And while he's my sunshine... it has left me about the same as you. 237pounds and 5ft 3. I spend hours on interest looking at what I should be doing... I would love to ask to be online workout pals. Maybe we could turn this around for the both of us before summer/ your wedding. If you'd like message me anytime. :) hope to hear from you. - sami

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jan 26, 2014 4:28am
via Android

What did everyone do today. I was more relaxed today. Light lifting and some walking. How was everyone else's day?

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 26, 2014 6:54am
via Android

I'm happy that I'm going to try this I really hope it helps me I want to be back to 120
I'm 200 right know :'( so I'm happy to do this :-D
My boyfriend is going to download this app if he sees a change on me he said lol love you Aris I'm doing this for my own health. And to be a healthy person I've been eating only fruits and carrots and tunna healthy stuff.

26 Jan
Best of luck, you got my support.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 26, 2014 4:58pm
via Android

Thank u roy you speak Spanish right lol?

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jan 27, 2014 12:00am
via Android

Weighed I'm tonight... lost 2lbs. Super excited to see results so fast! That much closer to being that woman I want my hubby to have. ;)

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jan 29, 2014 5:59pm
via Android

Did you all give up?? Come on purple this takes commitment and we all need the encouragement! How's thinga going?!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51