Are you beginning and need motivation?

4 posts | Original | Recent
72 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 10:06am
via iOS
Sometimes I'm asked "what's your motivation? How do you do it? What should I do?"

work/play harder and eat better.

I say play because it should not be something you hate or something you need to convince yourself to do. Sure maybe sometimes but more often than not, you should enjoy it. If you feel resentment, embarrased, or upset going into the gym or haven't gone in 3 weeks it's time to break up. But that doesn't mean give up! One good idea for beginners is to spend 80-90% of the time doing something you actually enjoy doing, go for a jog outside with the dog, swim, lift, Pilates, home workout videos or my personal favourite dance in your room like an idiot for an hour. Butt MOVE. Check your goals and ask yourself WHY those goals. And then use that other 10-20% to try something new and/or difficult but that will help you achieve that specific goal.

For me, I love to lift/muscle train, but I know that if I want to see those abs come out, I need to do some cardio as well so I incorporate 15-20 minutes into my workout. The best part about it is it doesn't even have to be running or sprinting, mines come to be mountain climbers and low weight barbell complexs.

Moreover, so many people have a right way or best way and that's just not the reality. Everybody is different, and every body is different. We all have different goals! #lovelove. If you have any questions feel free to personally message me - especially you ladies out there. While I'm by no means an expert, I've come a long way and will help out as best I can.

23 Jan
I wish I had that outlook and positivity. :)
1 Post
Jan 23, 2014 10:35am
via Android

I just want my workouts to be fun not easy but motivational because right now it makes me feel my goals are unachievable

23 Jan
Agreed and I think that's how a lot of people feel especially when the first battle is the commitment. Another factor I encourage is to use a different measure than weight or even aesthetics for your goal. When you make a physical goal (3 pull-ups, a half marathon etc) it can be easier to see what you need to do in order to achieve those goals. Moreover unless you have a significant amount to lose, weight can be somewhat arbitrary or discouraging. For example it took me about about year to drop 20 pounds but I was also 130 to...
2 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 11:14am
via iOS
Well said, Steph.

"Make it fun / play" is key, but I think it is important to make it "easy" to start or "convenient" to do.  Most importantly start today!  A walk, jog, a few push ups, or pull ups... anything; just do it and then try to do a little bit more tomorrow. 

I also like to watch one of these montages to get pumped up:

"People are Awesome"
23 Jan
Oh my gosh agreed those videos are incredible. I also like about a million pages of "yeah she squats" or "spot me girl" pages :P I can't help it. Strong is sexy in my books
72 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 12:48am
via iOS
Just saying!!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51