Controling or insecure????

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 25, 2014 8:06am
via Android

My husband wont let me go to the gym for some reason he says there is too much guys and thats how infidelity starts blah blah blah... he is a "macho mexican" do u think he is afraid of me finding another guy or afraid my body will get in shape? ?? Anyone else been or going through this...

25 Jan
In my opinion it does sound a bit controlling..Maybe try to explain to him you are not going to the gym to meet guys but to get in shape and feel good about yourself. You could go to just a women only gym. I personally like working out at home but if I did go to a gym I dont think my bf would mind.
Image_thumb
952 Posts
Jan 25, 2014 8:12am
via Android

Wow that really sucks. I can't think of any motivation for that behavior that isn't rooted in SOME kind if negative idea, either self esteem, or lack of respect/trust for you, or many others.

You're married, so you gotta work with each other. You gotta respect how he feels while you can also try to change it. Maybe he has an idea about gyms that needs to be changed. Maybe he thinks they are way more about picking up women /men than they really are. Maybe you could find a "curves" or another all women gym.

I hope you can find a way to work through this. This is a bad sign, if he won't let you go someplace because of whatever ideas he has, what's to stop him from saying you can't go anywhere else in public?

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jan 25, 2014 4:06pm
via iOS
May be you both can work out together?
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Jan 25, 2014 6:03pm
via Android

Hunny mostly its a male thing. Mine is the same way. I would tell him u want both of u to go together because you would love to get motivated and want him to help. That should do the trick!

Image_thumb
481 Posts
Jan 25, 2014 6:28pm
via Android

If you have been married for awhile and his intentions are controlling then ths probably  isn't the first time ths kind of thing has been said or done..if u are newly weds its more thn likely a red flag ...if you have been married a long time and ths is out of character for him thn you  of all people knw tht and Maybe you to need to talk and find out y he is feeling and thinking ths way... controlling relationships are abusive relationships most of the time and many escalate to violence...I'm not 100% sure but If youve been together for awhile I'm willing to say ths controlling or insecure question is a question uve asked knowing the answer already

Image_thumb
55 Posts
Jan 25, 2014 6:29pm
via iOS
I have the opposite situation. My girlfriend keeps trying to make me go to the gym, but I can't because I'm scared guys will check me out.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 26, 2014 1:34am
via Android

Maybe both. I admit sometimes I feel insecure with my wife, but I'm sure she feels like that about me. If anything I support her going to the gym and making herself feel better about her body. Why not ask him to join you, maybe he will see you're serious about working out and remaining a sexy lady for him. I go with my wife, don't always do the same workouts but we go together, we support each other. 

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jan 26, 2014 1:57am
via Android

Both.

Image_thumb
63 Posts
Jan 29, 2014 5:36pm
via Android

I guess he is possessive... My bf is possessive too... But then i m worst

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51