Rest?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 31, 2014 2:45pm
via Android

I prefere doing a fullblown workout and resting after does is maķe a diffrence if u rest inbetween or after?

31 Jan
Idk. I rest after, to me if I rest between I loose motivation. I rather go through it balls to the wall, then rest. I don't think it matters as long as you stay hydrated. Good luck!
31 Jan
I heard you burn more calories if you go straight through the workout
31 Jan
I try to take rest for 30 secs in between bfore I start the next...it gets me set up for the next workout
Image_thumb
136 Posts
Jan 31, 2014 3:15pm
via Android

I would rest AFTER also..Just pace yourself so you wont burn out early and keep water, also eat a good meal after you are done...

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 31, 2014 3:23pm
via Android

Thanks guys ill just keep doin wha im doin :) n keep an eye on it

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 31, 2014 5:38pm
I dont usually eat til around 7pm iv gt alot of bad habits lol
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Jan 31, 2014 5:40pm
via Android

After finishin the workout take a protein shake....preferably whey...it helps in immediate muscle repair....as it is absorbed very fast due to the insulin spike after workout

31 Jan
I dont like them they taste nasty lol tried all diff flavours aint fr me usually drink lucozade or rockstar
31 Jan
Why dont you try ON gold whey protein? There are various flavours to suit your tasting...and I gues this much sacrifice for taste is worth it.
31 Jan
Try the protein f u want...all d best...nd.f.possible pls follow me as well
31 Jan
Ill think about it lol n yhyh
Image_thumb
201 Posts
Jan 31, 2014 7:18pm
via Android

I would say your good resting as long as they don't turn into little naps lol I read that after resting for than 2:30 mins you have to start your body up again, to get your heart rate up and body burning that fat!

01 Feb
Lol I dont nap often
Image_thumb
139 Posts
Jan 31, 2014 7:32pm
via Android

A lot depends on your goals.   If your looking at cardio, then go for it all out.  If you are doing weights it depends on if you are looking to build strength, power, hypertrophy or endurance.

Check out my topic post about resistant training and maximizing your goals.  It talks out weight, reps , sets and rest periods for each.

01 Feb
Thnks hun
Image_thumb
481 Posts
Jan 31, 2014 8:32pm
via Android

Depends on the workout.... with cardiovascular exercise the more intense the better tho if your not needing any rest during your workout I question the intensity per your fitness level...your workouts possibly  may not be challenging enough anymore and you could possibly go to the next level... intensity is not being able to go through a workout without rest intensity is whn your workout is above your fitness level and you have to push through even if it means 1 min or 30 seconds to catch your breath...as far as protien shakes immediately after your workout thts only for weighttraining as your muscles for a window of and estimated time frame bout 10 minutes after a workout are more apt to absorb for lack of better word the protien as well as bcaas nutrients etc. If your not trying to build muscle thn its unnecessary...as long as your filling your personal macro nutrients for the day frm a clean diet your fine infact more then fine

01 Feb
Thnks hun im nt tryna build muscle realy just wanna stay in shape
01 Feb
I thought ya wasn't :-) welcome...
Image_thumb
61 Posts
Feb 1, 2014 4:18am
via Android

It actually depends what you are working out for. If ur lookin to loose fat and get shredded then a high intensity interval training kind of work out with no rest is ideal. That is what I do. When you want to bulk up with heavy weights u need ur rest so that u can lift heavier in the next set.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51