Difficult Exercises

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 11, 2014 5:40pm
via iOS
I can't figure out how to do a sit up. Is there something special to it that I'm not aware of?
As much as I try I just can't get myself up.

What's the most difficult exercise you've had to do and how did you overcome it?
11 Feb
I mean "Exercises" , not workouts
Image_thumb
151 Posts
Feb 11, 2014 5:48pm
via iOS
When I first tried doing burpees they killed me. But everyday I decided to do at least one more than my max. Now they're just another exercise to me
Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Feb 11, 2014 5:55pm
via Android

Rope climb - I just kept at it and eventually got better - keep hitting it hard and you'll get it - start with crunches and leg lifts and then work your way up to sit ups

11 Feb
Alright I'll keep at it. I'm good at crunches so I'll work my way up just like you said :) thanks
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Feb 11, 2014 6:00pm
via Android

Hi

11 Feb
Why hello there :)
Image_thumb
237 Posts
Feb 11, 2014 6:30pm
via Android

dragon flags,muscle ups on a pull up bar, standing ab wheel. i just mastered doing 2 to 3 repsĀ  an kept at it

Image_thumb
143 Posts
Feb 11, 2014 6:41pm
via Android

Hanging leg raises and muscle ups on gymnastics rings

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Feb 11, 2014 8:03pm
via iOS
When starting out sit ups it's good to hook your feet under something or have a person stand on your shoe .. This encourages your to use your core more then your momentumĀ 

N my one will have to be sitting crossover for my Abbs :)
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Feb 11, 2014 8:57pm
via iOS
You need to strengthen your abs and core or you'll be putting pressure on your neck and spine. Try doing flutter kicks and legs raises for a while and start doing plank variations to strengthen your core. Good luck !
Hni_0033_thumb
25 Posts
Feb 11, 2014 11:21pm
via Android

The dolphin pushup... Its just really awkward..

12 Feb
Yeah,its kinda hard for the first time..
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 12, 2014 6:02am
via iOS
When starting out with any excersize like this, THE fastest way to strengthen yourself so you can do it correctly is starting out at the top of the tention point and going down. So for situps, put yourself in the up position, not the down position, then slowly lower yourself. Then stop and reposition yourself at the top then go back down. Once you can do around 8-10 reps of these, then you can start doing regular sit-ups. A couple of pointers on doing sit-ups correctly are relaxing your neck, keep your knees together, and putting your elbows out of the line of sight. If you can do a situp without seeing your elbows, then you're really working your core. Also keep in mind that CRUNCHES are better than sit-ups. Waaaay better when working your core. Just remember to squeeze, or flex your muscles as hard as you can in the up position. Go slow and you'll get results in no time :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51