How do you encourage yourself to lose weight?

4 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Feb 13, 2014 2:41pm
via Android

I've tried a few times to lose weight but I kept getting discouraged and I stopped. Now I'm trying to start working out again. Last year(school year) I lost 9 lbs which I don't know how (because I barely worked out), but people I know say it's because of all the stairs and walking from class to class in school. How should I encourage myself to not give up this time?

13 Feb
I just look at pictures of women with great bodies and tell myself that I want to look like that
14 Feb
I had the same problem for years, but finally think I cracked it. For me, I looked at the facts and focused on getting my BMI (body mass index) to normal. Know 1) 1lb of fat is 3,500 calories 2) lowering your calorie intake and increasing exercise will produce results 3) keep track of exercise and food intake! I use lose it but there's others 4) only weigh yourself once a week or more, it doesn't show muscle gain & 5) give it at least 3 months. Trust me! :)
1 Post
Feb 13, 2014 2:49pm
via Android

Try to envision the end in mind. In other other words, think of the body you want. Focus on a goal and dont give up until you achieve!

207 Posts
Feb 13, 2014 4:21pm
via iOS
I encourage myself in many ways. I know I have to eat clean and workout to stay healthy, but if I see a nice fitted dress I want I really give it my all!
274 Posts
Feb 13, 2014 6:35pm
via Android

Put it like this: Next time you decide to eat that quarter pounder with cheese, remember that every fat cell that you aquire, it is there to stay for life. There is no way to "burn fat". You can shrink fat cells, but only so far. The only way to completely rid yourself of a fat cell is to get lipo. If that doesn't make you think twice, then good luck.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51