Feb 15, 2014 7:25am
via Android

When beginning do you need rest days?

15 Feb
Yes you need
15 Feb
How many days a week is suitable?
15 Feb
What you need to do is work on different muscle groups on different days ie...run one day then upper Body weights the next and so on this prevents you from over working any muscles since you will give them at least a day to rest while you work on another area
16 Feb
Nop.give ur muscles time 2 heal.cuz girl u r gonna get sore. So rest days is highly recommended.
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Feb 15, 2014 9:36am
via iOS
Yes when your just starting out you Don't need a lot to get results a workout on 30-60 min 3 times a week is plenty :)
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 15, 2014 9:57am
via Android

No you shouldn't. Think it like this, you're working out for 7 days a week for a whole month. Do your muscles get anytime to rest, grow and repair? No. You should workout for around 30 mins a week 4-5 times a week as your body can then recover

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Feb 15, 2014 4:19pm
via Android

If you workout every day I would alternate between leg days and arm days.  I'd look at a program similar to this.

Monday ....lowed body

Tuesday .....upper body

Wednesday .....core and cardio

Thursday .....lower body

Friday.....upper body

Saturday ..... core and cardio

Sunday.... rest.

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Feb 15, 2014 11:08pm
via Android

If you're just beginning, you can work out every other day, total body workouts. I wouldn't split your routine into days at such an early phase

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 18, 2014 4:10am

I believe so! Especially cardio if you're trying to lose body fat because thats what really effects that. I do think do cardio 6-7 days a week along with working a specific muscle region as well. 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51