Plank no abs

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Feb 18, 2014 11:24am
via Android

I dont get in when i do plank my body is in a straight position with contracting the abdomen muscles.. yet i dont feel my abs working at all!!

Hw123_thumb
44 Posts
Feb 18, 2014 3:11pm
via Android
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Feb 18, 2014 3:27pm
via Android

You could try the walking plank..start with the plank position..lower to on your elbows..hold for a count of 5..back to plank pisition..you could also try alternating hand raises as you hold the plank..tests your upper body strenght/endurance aswel as works your core..I hope the above helps

Image_thumb
481 Posts
Feb 19, 2014 3:42am
via Android

Lol because your abs arnt working their just contracted...for example flexing your bicep and holding it so you can see it in the mirror..is the bicep working? No..its just contracted..

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Feb 19, 2014 4:05am
via Android

Extension & contraction..is working the muscle group Hannah..adduction..abduction..

19 Feb
I was referring to the lengthening and shortening of the muscle fibers which is absent in isometrics...thus not "working "
19 Feb
Extension is th act of extending or being extended and adduction is to draw in toward the median axis of the body and these are Anatomical terms of motion..same as supination and pronation are also Anatomical terms of motion
19 Feb
Abduct is to draw away frm the midline of the body...
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 19, 2014 4:18pm
via Android

Hi I am also trying hard to loose lower abs fat but some how nothing works.. not even planks but I think plank helped me with upper abs .. you can look at my profile pic

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51