Can't lift more then my body weight

10 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 2:18am
via Android

I'm 13 90 pounds and I'm a dude. My friends all star football players can lift their body weight 120 or close to it. I'm a wrestler and I know I need to be able to lift my weight for certain moves. I can bench 15 to 20 pounds, I can do at least 5 push ups and curl 10. Any tips to gain the muscle mass and strength before next wrestling season which is next November. (Ps I know I'm pretty pathetic , just wanna be normal please help me reach my goal)

20 Feb
To be honest there isn't a definite way but what I did when I first started out was pushups until failure every morning and dumbbell curls every night to tone my body. Then I focused on building muscle mass with heavier weights on all my exercises.
20 Feb
I hope this helps btw if done right it'll only take a month,more or less.
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 2:28am
via Android

Thanks man, hope it helps.

Image_thumb
952 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 2:34am
via Android

Google "how many reps should i do" and "sets/reps to build muscle" and read a couple articles.

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 2:34am
via Android

Ok

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 1:45pm
via Android

You're pretty young. If you only weigh 90 lbs it's probably because you're growth spurt isn't finished yet. If that's true, your body isn't making the correct hormones for heavy lifting to do any good. I would recommend bodyweight movements like pushups and pull ups to build strength, then move to weights as your body matures.

20 Feb
Ps you are totally normal. I'm a teacher, and many kids your age are the same size as you. Your body grows at it's own rate.
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 7:42pm
via Android

Thanks dude.

2011-11-26_15
6 Posts
Feb 22, 2014 9:05pm
via Android

Stay committed, set realistic goals, eat right, and beat those goals each time you work out. You'll be fine. Btw, you're quite normal.

Image_thumb
88 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 2:15am
via Android

Do more push ups and pull ups that usually helps me lift more weight hope this help.

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 2:18am
via Android

Keep working at it, once your testosterone starts kicking in your bench max will go up - Also, eat more lean meat, veggies and nuts after your workouts. You're still young man, some kids start developing faster than others is all.

Image_thumb
952 Posts
Feb 25, 2014 4:29am
via Android

*more THAN...with an "A". Remember, "then" means "next" (they both have an E)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51