Advice please!

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 4:41am
via Android

I just started my workout a few days ago and I am really enjoying this app! I am 5'8" and about 120 and DO NOT want to lose weight, but become healthier, tone my body and gain muscle. I have always eaten anything I've wanted and weight has never been an issue for me. I am afraid that the more I workout, I will start losing weight. Any suggestions on this?

Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 4:46am
via Android

Eat a lot of proteins. Protein shakes before and after workouts.

20 Feb
Thanks Randy! I will definitely give that a try.
Image_thumb
139 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 5:29pm
via Android

If you want to gain muscle you will have to workout and weight train.  With that being said you may have to increase your calorie intake to maintain your current weight.  Obviously you would want to sticky with healthy eating that is high in protein.
Check out my post topic: Not losing weight? Are you eating enough?  The whole weight loss case doesn't seem to apply here but you can still use the calculations to figure out your bodies caloric requirements and taylor your diet that way.

20 Feb
Thanks Brian! I will definitely take your advice!
Image_thumb
222 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 5:37pm
via Android

As been said as long as your working out you are able and need to increase the caloric intake. Eat as much healthy foods as you need. Just stay away from the junk and you will be fine.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51