Why does everyone want to loose weight?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 1:31am
via Android

Its frustrating seeing everyone say they want to loose weight on a fitness app. Loosing weight does not mean you are fit and can sometimes be more harmful depending on if you are losing weight or losing fat.

If you are being fit it means that you are going according to your body type not your weight. I suprise most people when I say that when I weight 160 lbs I was miserable and kept getting sick because it was not healthy for my body type. I'm currently 180 lbs and have more energy and run 12miles a week.

So please don't say that you want to loose weight but that you want to be healthy and fit for your body type. Embrace your body type and don't try to be anyone but yourself. :)

21 Feb
I agree you're right but I have one question how do I know my body type or how can I figure it out??
21 Feb
Randy. There are 3 body types. Endomorph, ectomorph and mesomorph. Check out www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm It will bring up a link where you answer a few questions and it will tell you your body type.
21 Feb
Hey thanks Brian im a mesomorph body type
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 2:12am
via Android

I turned 13 today and i am 60 overweight for my age. I feel so fat and my self esteem is low. Sometimes, i wish i could have the body of my friend, she is 97 pounds and i am 163. Lately, i have been wanting to lose 50 lbs because i want to fit into my new swimsuit and dress i got last year. I am just sad and angry at myself for getting this big.

21 Feb
I understand. Just remember that you are not your friend and your at an age where everyone is trying to find themselves and figure out how to fit in. The biggest thing that you can do is remember that your not alone. Take small steps, set realistic goals for you and if you need help or advice you can speak with someone who is qualified to give advice not just friends who most likely didn't know what would work best for you.
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 12:17pm
via iOS
I want to loose my belly fat and love handles. That is it. I do a little cardio for that and the rest is toning up....I'm  1,73 and 59 kg.  Ever since I started working out again (after a long period of doing nothing) I haven't gotten sick, I have more energy throughout the day,  and I feel less stressed!
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 12:58pm
via Android

*lose

21 Feb
Looking smatt
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 2:54pm
via iOS
I have an anerexic sister. It is scary stuff. Learn to love yourself. It might be hard during puberty, but you gotta have a good self esteem! Skinny girls usually don't have boobs, remember that!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51