Lack of motivation...

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
64 Posts
Feb 26, 2014 6:19am
via Android

Ugh... don't know what to do! I think it's mostly weather related but I can't seem to make myself get up to work out. It is impossible for me to workout after work. I work 10 hrs 5 days a week. So by the time I get home I am tired hungry and also I have kids so they require my attention. Am is my only time. It's been so cold and snowy here that I don't want to get up to work out. Bed is cozy and warm and sleep sounds so much better. Lol. I am ready for warmer weather. I think it will help.

27 Feb
I take preworkout on days I don't feel like working out It helps me out sure to give you a kick start
Image_thumb
139 Posts
Feb 26, 2014 5:41pm
via Android

Getting up early to workout sucks and I avoid it if at all possible, but I am fortunate enough to be able to workout after work in the evening.  I do get up at 5:30 to walk the dog most mornings but I to watch the weather and if they call for rain or the temp is below 20 I'm not going.  I to hope the weather warms up and helps with motivation for you. 

Sometimes people may look at you like you are weird but have you tried working out at work.  Walking lunges, squats, wall pushups etc. periodically during the day or over breaks.  Park further away and jog into work, etc.  Any thing to keep moving until you can get back into a routine.
If your kid(s) are younger and you hold them during the day do squats, shoulder raises and biceps curls using their body weight as the resistance.  Just make sure the head is supported if they are real young and I don't recommend doing it just after they have eaten(not a pretty sight)

Best of luck

Feb 26, 2014 5:50pm
via Android

You only really need to work out for about 30-45 mins a day! And if you are really feeling unmotivated you should just get up and do it! I am the same way but once I'm done working out I feel awesome! (& sore )

Image_thumb
64 Posts
Mar 1, 2014 6:02am
via Android

I think my biggest unmotivator is my hubby. He rolls over and snuggles with me when my alarm goes off. Lol hard to resist!!!

Image_thumb
64 Posts
Mar 1, 2014 6:09am
via Android

I have thought about using my kids as weights and I do sometimes. My son is almost 1.5 @ 25lbs and my daughter is 6 @ 45lbs. But my issue of I'm too busy after work plays in to that. I am off@ 6pm By the time I get my kids and get home it's another hour gone. Then I have to get dinner ready, feed the kids and also eat. Bathe them if it's bath night and by the time I would be able to work out I am so dang tired it's the last thing on my mind. I get to work@8 so mornings are my best chance. I'm just not a morning person lol. An obstacle I need to overcome. And I will.

Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Mar 2, 2014 1:52pm
via Android

Try watching some ct fletcher videos. Motivation for days

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51