Gymdimidation

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Feb 27, 2014 2:58pm
via Android

Do you ever feel intimidated when going to the gym? Or are you the indimidator ? Sometimes I feel overwhelmed when I go to a gym . That's why I perfer to work out at home , no overzealous douchebags or girls that feel the need to wear a pound of makeup when working out lol :)

27 Feb
I workout at home mostly for convenience and cost but there are somethings you can only get from going to the gym. In those cases put on your hat and head phones, don't make eye contact with the people who don't know what they are doing and sacrifice form for that extra 5 # because they think it's"cool" and want everyone to"look at me"....okay loser. I've found that if I have a plan going in and can keep moving and have head phones on most people will leave me alone. But...... I'm also not female and I've seen my share...
28 Feb
You look like a girl that shouldnt feel intimitated. Maybe your the intimitator
Snzu6djwsq51oi-9deymcq_thumb
64 Posts
Feb 27, 2014 3:10pm
via Android

I suffer with anxiety sometimes and have never used a gym. I'd much rather train at home or a friends house. Can't wait for summer to come round so we can take the bench outside:)

Image_thumb
151 Posts
Feb 27, 2014 3:29pm
via iOS
Actually I love going to the gym ( when I have time at least).  I put my headphones in and just focus on my workout.
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Feb 27, 2014 3:45pm
via iOS
I love going to the gym ! I put my headphones on, zone out & dance around in between sets. I don't give a crap what others think so I suppose I'm lucky in that sense. I know what you mean about the stereotypes in the gym though, there's plenty of them !
Image_thumb
397 Posts
Feb 27, 2014 3:49pm
via iOS
The Few Douchebags i seen of guys and fat or  stift
28 Feb
Are not and .
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Feb 27, 2014 5:03pm
via Android

The most important thing is that you are getting results! Whether it be at home or the gym. If you have enough equipment at home to reach your goals than thats great, but if not, then head to a gym and dont let any of these women get to you! You are clearly beautiful and look like your in great shape! If I was a women I'd probably be shy/intimidated working out by you! :p....Which may be another reason why they could act like that cause they feel you are competition especially if they are seeking male attention at the gym or are just simply "attention whores!" Hahaha

27 Feb
Haha well thank you! yup I can't bring myself to spend money just to be agitated lol I have most of what I need at home I got a bench free weights and my pandora so I can dance like an idiot in the comfort of my home lol
27 Feb
Lol! You're too funny! :) All I can say is keep doing what you are doing cuz its obviously working whether you look like an idiot or not! ;) lol
Image_thumb
185 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 12:08pm
via iOS
Yeah I feel judged in every way! 
Like from what I'm wearing to what I'm doing, I feel like people laugh and bitch about you if you're not doing stuff right (I have friends who work in gyms and they talk about people that way all the time) I just get uncomfortable. I'm naturally shy, and exercise for me is like a personal thing and doing it in front o people.. Not my cup of tea :( 
28 Feb
Same here ! I feel like I can accomplish so much more just being at home Psh! who needs a personal trainer lol this app gives me all the motivation I need plus I can sync it to my wireless speaker so it's almost like having a trainer :)
28 Feb
Oh I agree girl! :)
01 Mar
If people judge me on what i wear at the gym. They are not holding me in high regard haha. Usually walk in there in the ugliest worst fitting shit you can find on this planet.
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 12:40pm
via Android

I can see ur point. For most i guess its because they are not sure what they are doing. And they feel insecure and kind of judged.

Totally understandable. Thats where some good guidance in gyms should come in. Also going with a more experienced friend can help to get over it.

Guess i can be the intimidating type but mostly cuz of doing some exercises most dont really do hehe.

161615_697267744_1643536892_n_thumb
50 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 4:16pm
via iOS
Every time I walk into a gym I think of the "I pick things up and put them down" commercial.
28 Feb
Lol yes! Exactly
Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Mar 1, 2014 6:50am
via Android

Wait, are the over zealous douche bags guys? And are they wearing make-up? What kinda gym are you going to? And to answer your question, I don't give a crap what other people think, so no, I'm not intimidated - they don't pay my membership, nor do they pay my bills, so why should I give a crap about them? The sooner you can get over caring what people think, the sooner you can reach your goals and transcend them - real talk

01 Mar
From what I have seen most of the overzealous ones are usually guys not to say there isn't douche bag girls lol im but yes I get your point its one of many anexity flaws I should overcome
01 Mar
Ps I am not really a douche bag lol I dont know why I said im . I have social anxiety not just at the gym but in many places where there is large unfamiliar crowds :(
01 Mar
I'm not big on crowds either, but have you ever stopped to think that people may be staring at you because you're pretty? Perhaps folks are intimidated by you. That's a good thing!
Image_thumb
108 Posts
Mar 1, 2014 8:11am
via Android

I felt I could not work as hard in the gym as I do at home.

Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Mar 1, 2014 11:18am
via Android

A workout buddy/buddies can work wonders. When I used to go to the gym there were quite a few ladies who used to come along with their friends. Probably that would help you too. Secondly, as TR mentioned they don't pay for your membership and if they aren't really friendly you can give them the "I am entitled to use the gym as much as you do" look.

Image_thumb
104 Posts
Mar 1, 2014 2:33pm
via Android

Used to feel the intimidation. Finally one day I just thought screw'um. I'm not here to be social not here to make friends or try to be like these other db guys. I'm here for me to improve myself my confidence my health and body. So I pay no attention to anyone else. As for the girls who feel they have to look like you describe...As a man scenery is always nice but seriously often I feel sorry for them.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51