Push up issues!

15 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 27, 2014 5:45pm
via iOS
Right, so I don't know if this is just me being super weak, but I find it impossible to do push ups.. I can barely do one girl press up where you're on your knees.
Can anyone help me? Or suggest anything I could do maybe to push ups in the future?
28 Feb
I'm using a Google play store app called 100 pushups to help me build over time.
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Feb 27, 2014 6:07pm
via Android

Try starting with wall push ups.  Google it for videos.  Use them until you build some strength then progress to kneeling push ups and go from there. 

27 Feb
That's perfect advice. you will get stronger as you go along
06 Mar
I had the same problem you are having and Alan is right. I started doing the wall push ups first and it built my arms up enough to hold my weight now that I am doing them on the floor.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 27, 2014 8:28pm
via Android

IGNOR DA PAIN
DEAL WITH IT

27 Feb
It's not the pain, I just literally cannot lift my body weight up with my arms in push ups. I'm fine with the pain and aches~
Image_thumb
78 Posts
Feb 27, 2014 8:39pm
via Android

Try strengthening the muscles in the arm first and then go for the big Push Up. The biggest muscles in the am are the triceps. Then biceps then forearm. Start with Tricep push downs. Then Bicep curls and then reverse barbell curls.  Good luck.

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 27, 2014 8:41pm
via Android

Try just pushing yourself of the ground if u cant thats ok just do that once or twice a day and by the end of the week you might be able to do one

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 27, 2014 8:42pm
via Android

Good luck

Image_thumb
72 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 2:06am
via iOS
You may not actually be doing them right (there are different ways to do some) but for example if you are keeping your elbows tucked into ribs you may accidentally be attempting tricep push-ups.  YouTube video good form push ups :)
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 2:54am
via iOS
I had the same issue but I started on the wall and added the planks I also kept doing weight training for my arms so they'll get stronger. Once you feel you can do one at least try it. You'll be happy !!! One is progress then keep moving on the one leg straight and the other one on your knee it will make it easier but I suggest to challenge yourself to the max so you can see results. Good luck hon, keep motivated and positive you can do it!
28 Feb
I have that same problem and I will try ur way
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Mar 1, 2014 5:54am
via Android

As most of fellas said.. do wall push ups it really helps.. once u get used to it, start kneeling push ups.. I m amazed u look fit and lite too.. how cant u do a single push up??

But anyways... u'll get it soon..

Image_thumb
108 Posts
Mar 1, 2014 8:22am
via Android

I started doing 30 push reps of 3 then increased to 15 more every two weeks, but u should start off with a simple 5 a day then increase as you get stronger. I don t do them all at once, as I work out I do reps and it does help, my arms are looking tighter.

Icon_missing_thumb
40 Posts
Mar 1, 2014 10:46pm
via Android

Lol i know exactly how y feel its like freaking impossile for me to do more than 2 push ups its reaaaly hard but i think once we get used to it it becomes easier good luck

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Mar 2, 2014 9:17am
via Android

I completely understand what you're going through. I couldn't really do pushups either a few years back! I thought they were only for strong people! I just couldn't get my body right. Overtime I just built up strength so I could do them correctly. I would suggest targeting your arm muscles first and then attempting to do a pushup. And in the meantime there are plenty of other ab workouts you can try like Russian twist or flutter kicks.

Image_thumb
136 Posts
Mar 2, 2014 11:27am
via Android

You have a lot of good advice. I like trying wall push ups first to build your muscle, and/or at the same time work your arms with Press downs and Curls

Image_thumb
136 Posts
Mar 2, 2014 1:52pm
via Android

How many times a week do you do push ups?

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Mar 2, 2014 1:58pm
via Android

And yeah! U can also try doing push ups on bed or chair.. just put ur hands on bed while legs on floor, get in plank and try push ups.. You'll find it helpful.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51