SQUATS...lowerback pain

3 posts | Original | Recent
30 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 7:06pm
via Android

I have been researching & its leading me to sciatic nerve but that's not what I have. When I put pressure on my back e.g.squats with barbell on back,when I squat its a sharp pain in my lower left back. Hurts when I lean forward or back. Can't so weighted squats right now,just sticking to lunges/Bulgarian lunges for now. Suggestions? Anyone experienced this??

28 Feb
Hey, you really need to concentrate on having proper form when doing squats as incorrect form can lead to endless knee and back problems so start off by doing bodyweight squats only -no barbells or dumbbells..when squatting it's important to kind of let your butt lead you and not let your knees trail over your toes and put all your weight on your heels as you squat. Best thing is to put a chair behind you (or imagine one) and squat down onto it. Seems easy to most people but most people do it wrong and this leads to all...
28 Feb
My squats are excellent,have the correct form. Been doing this for years,but here lately there is pain when I do anything involving my lower back.......
28 Feb
I used to squat 150+ but here lately hVent been able to do that due to my back...I'm just going to take it easy
28 Feb
As you can see in my profile picture after doing weighted pushups my back was hurting
1657 Posts
Feb 28, 2014 7:45pm
via iOS
I agree with renay, don't do anything that causes pain like that. I practiced for a long time with light weight barbell squats with gradual increases until I was confident my form was correct. Squats are an easy thing to get wrong. Maybe try leg presses for a while as well.
28 Feb
I used to squat heavy like 150+ ...but lately there is lower back pain.
28 Feb
As you can see in my profile picture after doing weighted pushups my back was hurting I don't understand this
9 Posts
Mar 2, 2014 2:13pm
via Android

Maybe your leaning to much forward . Try doing the sissy squats great for proper form and strengthening knees

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51