Staying motivated while injured.

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Mar 6, 2014 4:04pm
via Android

I recently hurt my back while exercising. I'm going stir crazy not able to do anything, its been four days and my back is still too tender feeling to try anything other than stretch. How does one cope!?!?! I feel like I'm losing all my progress from months of hard work each day that passes. Its a crappy feeling.

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Mar 6, 2014 6:14pm
via Android

Stay positive, although you may lose some endurance, strength gains take weeks to be lost.  Focus on your diet while not working out.  Have you tried or have access to a warm pool you can walk or do exercises in.  The water can help take pressure off the joints.  You might also be able to tolerate some isometric exercises.  With these there is no joint movement and you can provide as much force as you can tolerate.  Hope you get back to full health soon.

Image_thumb
122 Posts
Mar 7, 2014 2:26am
via Android

Walk.

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Mar 9, 2014 10:40pm
via Android

Hey Krystle, I know exactly how you feel. I recently injured my back attempting to Squat 450lbs. The weight fell right on my back. Lol
I've been out the gym for 6 days. You need to still find things to do but don't go so hard you'll stain it again. I'm getting back to push ups, curls, pull ups, and things like that.

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Mar 9, 2014 10:42pm
via Android

Thank you all for the great advice!.  Its been a full week today, and I am pretty much back to my old self. I've eased myself back into exercise the past two days, and dropped most of my weights down. Slow and steadyGlad to be moving again!!!!!

11 Mar
Glad you're doing better Krystle. Hope you recover 100% and back stronger then ever. Nice and easy be safe, take care

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51