What are good running shoes ?

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
187 Posts
Mar 9, 2014 7:55pm
via Android

I really like running but I don't have the right shoes I think because my ankle hurts badly while and after a run.
I have another question too. Can I use running shoes for my workouts too or should I buy extra training shoes ?

Thank you guys that you take the time to read this.

Keep foucsed and strong.

10 Mar
I need tips also
Image_thumb
37 Posts
Mar 9, 2014 8:05pm
via Android

I like my Asics gel scram 2 running shoes

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 10, 2014 1:04am
via Android

Nike makes great running shoes if you're willing to shell out. I really wanted the Nike free run 5.0+ but they're like $100. They come in all sorts of colors and are super light.
If you run outside and train in a gym you might want to get separate pairs of shoes, but if you hit the treadmill, you should be fine :)

Image_thumb
47 Posts
Mar 10, 2014 1:20am
via Android

I always use asics they are the best to me♥ love em!

Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 10, 2014 1:24am
via iOS
Mizunos are my favorite. They're the best fit for my feet and how I run. You should be able to find a quality show store that will have you run on a treadmill and analyze your feet to find the best shoe for you. Fleet Feet is where I went
Image_thumb
31 Posts
Mar 10, 2014 6:53am
via Android

I have a pair of adidas and new balance that I use for running shoes. I wear high top shoes like chucks and reeboks for the gym bc I strength train also.

Image_thumb
108 Posts
Mar 10, 2014 8:02am
via Android

avia, there very light and comfortable

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 10, 2014 6:44pm
via Android

First off, most people run the wrong way. Our natural way as human beings is to run barefoot. Since this is most uncomfortable, there are a few ways to get around it. First, you can start gently by running with any comfy tennis shoe that fits properly & start with short distances running on the balls of your feet. The second is to purchase a "barefoot running" shoe ( there are many out there these days after Vibram came out with the Five finger toe shoes). One reason your ankles are hurting & will continue to hurt is because of the impact you cause on your joints (ankles, knees, & hips) with running the way you have for so long. With"barefoot running" you will slowly turn back the impact on your joints & allow then to heal.

Caution: do NOT just jump into barefoot running without slowly increasing your distances. If you do, you will not be able to walk for about a week because you will be so sore.

Brands to consider are Brooks, Vibram Five Fingers (running), Adidas has a pair I believe now. Stay away from the big names like Nike or even some others bc they don't focus on quality, just cosmetics. The important thing is that they fit tightly & comfortably around your feet. Go try a bunch on & order over internet for a better deal (zappos or shoes.com).

12 Mar
Absolutely true! Get rid of shoes with heels on them. I used to have really bad plantar fasciitis in my left foot. The doctors kept giving me inserts for shoes but that made things worse! I stated wearing Vibram 5 fingers shoes and within weeks, my pain was gone! Why? Because I was walking like a human again!
Image_thumb
61 Posts
Mar 10, 2014 7:51pm
via Android

Some people swear by Minamilist shoes like the nike's one (can't remember its name) & vibram 5 fingers. Others on tight budgets swear with cheap flat converse with a medical gel sole padding which u can find in drug stores (at least in my country they do) or buy it online. The padding might be a little bit expensive, but the good thing is, The shoes will wear off but not the padding
For other workouts, u can simply wear the shoes that u r comfortable in. I have pair of reebok's train tone & they are picking dust. They costed me 100+$ . They hurt my knees badly when I tried to use them in weightlifting & running.

Btw I weightlift barefoot!!!

Icon_missing_thumb
56 Posts
Mar 11, 2014 1:39am
via Android

Asics have some good ones

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,233 topics, 38,258 posts

Motivation & Support