Gaining muscle=gain weight

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
93 Posts
Mar 14, 2014 3:52pm
via Android

How much weight typically could you gain if you have more muscle?

14 Mar
Dropped half an inch round my waist, I have to stop looking at the scales sometimes tooo depressing :) happy Friday smash :-)
14 Mar
K happy friday too you aswell!! That's awesome good for you Princess!:) I grew up without scales in my house, my mom believed it was just a number and didn't determine if u were fat or skinny what you see in the mirror and how you feel in your own skin is what I was taught. I still feel that way and only weigh myself once or twice a year out of curiousity or at my doc. I was curious about muscle v.s fat because I have toned up a bit since the last time I weighed in lol TGIF...
14 Mar
Yeah I suppose so. High Five for weight loss and toning up :-)
14 Mar
High five! :-)
Image_thumb
482 Posts
Mar 14, 2014 4:50pm
via Android

Ill try an answer ths question ... gaining muscle or how much  you can typically gain is dependent on a few factors... your training.. your diet as well as your body type... pound of muscle and a pound of fat still eqauls 1 pound ... muscle is dense ( mass) and takes up less space upon the body... fat has more volume.. but a pound is still just a pound.. you can get to the place where just mass is being added to your body and the number on the scale climbs ... but ths is a healthy weight... a way to check ths( well their is more thn one)..but  measuring with a tape measure is convenient ... their is no set ratio as to how much muscle a person can typically gain seeing as no two people have the exact physiological makeup as well again their training and diet factors... results vary frm person to person ...hope tht makes sense

14 Mar
Thank you Hannah and it makes perfect sense. :-)
14 Mar
Welcome

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51