Working out and eating healthy but still gaining weight!

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 16, 2014 11:07pm
via iOS
I'm very confused. I usually run 2x a week 2 miles under 20 minutes. I also weight lift for all parts of my body but I step on the scale and I haven't lost any weight. Instead I've been gaining half a pound each month since January. I don't know what is happening and I have thought that maybe it was muscle growth but I can see a difference in the weight gain in my arms and mid section area. Any thoughts?
16 Mar
I know what you mean. Had the same experience. Decided to ignore the scales and got myself a tape measure and checked differences that way.
16 Mar
Checking body fat measurements are better.You can be losing body fat and gaining muscle and gain weight
16 Mar
How can I check body fat? That sounds like a good idea.
17 Mar
It's probably muscle
17 Mar
Maybe you're pregnant?
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Mar 16, 2014 11:30pm
via Android

Go more by mirror. What has that told uou?

16 Mar
It's told me that my midsection area and rib cage area has gotten a little chubby and sometimes my arms look larger on random days. I know thyroid disease runs in the family. I have been eating well and working out often so it's making me worry that my thyroid might not be working properly leading to this. Idk just a thought. I'm also a huge craft beer drinker but I only drink on Fridays and saturdays and no more than 3 beers a night. I figured that might be a reason too?
17 Mar
Drinking 6 beers a week doesnt make you a huge drinker :p. Rest will be in a new post
Icon_missing_thumb
14 Posts
Mar 16, 2014 11:47pm
via Android

A Body fat tester is a device you can use clamp on various parts of your body and its comes with charts to help to calculate body fat

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Mar 16, 2014 11:57pm
via iOS
You eat to much. Simple as that. Just take what you est now and eat 10% less. Problem fixed.
Image_thumb
347 Posts
Mar 17, 2014 2:55am
via iOS
First of all,through recent researches it has been found that HIIT exercises,jump rope or fighting routines are far more effective for weight loss and more healthy than running long distances,so try to change ur cardio and see how it goes and second,as said below what u eat is critical so care about it,a ratio of 40%carbs 40%protein 20%fats in ur meal is ideal,so try to get close to it when u eat and if u cant,increase ur protein foods at least,gud luck
17 Mar
Thanks a lot! This helps. Ill be sure to change up my cardio during the week.
17 Mar
Ur welcome:)
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Mar 17, 2014 5:01am
via Android

Throw away the scale! It doesn't help because when you're trying to lose fat, you may be gaining muscle; so the numbers could be the same or higher. Pay attention to the way you want your body to look not the numbers.

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Mar 17, 2014 8:54am
via Android

As you say ur eathing healthy. But eating healthy doesnt mean losing fat. It just means you are eating more healthy.

To consistantly lose fat you have to be on a energy (calorie) deflict over a longer period of time. This will make sure the body uses its own energy sources instead of what it breaks down from food intake.

Its alot of times adviced to do weighttraining next to this. Because the body will use the energy saved in our muscles. And when not comsuming enough protein and not weighttraining we will also lose our dear muscle mass next to our fat.

This is the most simple explenation of what you have to look into some more!

GL

20 Mar
*deficit
Image_thumb
46 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 1:52pm
via Android

What does your diet and workout plan look like? I agree with the post about hiit. We cut out our cardio and did just high intensity and I lost 20lbs and my workout partner lost 60. (he was a lot heavier than me) also, how long have you been doing the same workout/diet? Plateaus hit frequently and are hard to bust through. The littlest changes in your routine can make the biggest difference in progress. Just some food for thought.

20 Mar
Thanks for your reply. I have been doing the same workout and diet for a long time now so I guess I've hit my plateau. I am definitely switching up my cardio now so ill keep everyone updated! So far, I feel great!
20 Mar
Awesome. Good luck. Look forward to hearing some good results. :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51