UNDERWEIGHT probs...

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 5:21am
via iOS
I'm 4'9" and I'm supposed to be around 95-120 pounds (that was my weight for the last two years) however, right now I am only 84 pounds and it's going down more and more. I want to tone my legs and get abs, but I don't know how to do it WITHOUT losing more weight, help?
18 Mar
You could always eat more meat - or take a weight gainer like cyto-gainer since your metabolism is so high
18 Mar
Image_thumb
201 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 5:38am
via Android

Hey Carolina, it could be how your working out or maybe your diet..what kind of workouts do you do now??

18 Mar
For abs I do crunches, V-ups, leg lifts and planks and legs I do different types of squats and leg lifts.
22 Mar
keep it up!! Eat a lil more n hv sufficient sleep...hmm
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 5:58am
via Android

Had that problem too! Im 5ft11 and kept jumping up and down between 48kgs and 53kgs for years. It was my diet and not enough proper exercise and not enough proper sleep.

18 Mar
Im now on 53kgs and slowly gaining more in muscle tone.
18 Mar
How did the sleep part affected you? Because I eat right and I even complement it with protein
18 Mar
I wasnt getting enough sleep some nights and over compensating other nights by sleeping in way too long. Gotta be the right amount.
18 Mar
Ha. I also hade The same issue, I think first of all you have to make sure you eat right. If you don't eat properly it doesn't matter if you complement with protein. And when you train you should focus on a specific muscle group and don't just go throw the whole body. I usually do arms shoulders and back one day next I do abs chest, next button and/or legs, cardio and so on. And you need to understand that it is harder to gain muscle and weight than it is for an overweight person to drop weight and...
18 Mar
Yea thats a good point too. Better to train isolated muscle groups than to try doing the whole body all in one go all the time. Also, you need to change up your workouts every now and then cause your body gets used to it if your just doing the same thing.
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Mar 22, 2014 3:27am
via Android

Well I had the same problem before. It took me alot of help from different trainers. Basically u have to eat proper food to gain weight as well as proper workout is needed to tone up ur muscles. Try to eat food that contains proteins. Please mind *food that contains protein and not much fat*. Atleast it is what helped me gain proper and stable weight. Also stable muscles. Hope it helps u out.

23 Mar
What kinds of food did you get? Thanks
23 Mar
Well ... I usually eat food that contains proteins! It depends whether you are a veggy or non-veggy!
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 22, 2014 7:12pm
via Android

See your doctor about it. They may have suggestions. Just to rule out a medical issue. If not you need more protein in your diet. Protein is the building blocks of muscle. And maybe eat a bit more often. Snack during the day. Eat things with good fats and protein in them...and some extra calories. You are spending more than youare taking in hence, the weight loss.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 23, 2014 2:28pm
via iOS
Thanks! 
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 23, 2014 2:35pm
via iOS
Ohh okay, thanks!!!
23 Mar
My pleasure! :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51