Exercising, eating well, GAINING WEIGHT! :(

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Mar 19, 2014 1:20pm
via Android

Hello, fellow work-outers and eat righters! So, I've been eating 1200 calories a day, running a mile, coming home and doing an exercise routine on this app, along with regular home exercises (like squats and push ups). I also do some dancing to make it a little more fun while burning calories. I lost 7 pounds within the first 4 days (which im assuming is water weight) , but now im up 4 or 5 pounds

I weigh myself as soon as I wake up in the morning, before exercising or eating. Now, I'm well aware that weight fluctuates. I guess what I need is some reassurance. Please tell me I haven't fudged up and forced my body into starvation mode. I used to run every day, and could do so in a little less than 9 minutes. Now, running is more difficult. I've only been at this for a week, but I do it every day, and the mile is getting easier to run.
I'm eating lean meats, and eating very small portions.

What am I doing wrong?! Ugh.
Good luck in both your short, and long term goals everyone! Keep it up.

19 Mar
Focus less on the scale and more on what you look like. It's not uncommon for the scale to fluctuate 5 lbs during the week so don't sweat it. Keep doing what you're doing and focus on non scale victories!
19 Mar
Also! Make sure you're drinking LOTS of WATER!
19 Mar
Im drinking 4 liters of water a day. My body feels great! I don't feel sluggish at all. I have lots of energy, it's just that darn scale.
20 Mar
Hi! I just read your post and wanted to tell you about an app I found for my Ipad. It's called Lose it. I use that plus this site and have lost 5 pounds. However it has taken me 7 weeks. That's because initially I was doing the 1200 calories too. I switched my goal from 1.5 pounds a week to 1 pound and increased calories to 1500. I work out 5 days a week for about 30 min on the average. I lost 2.5 pounds last week, so maybe it's working! Good luck to you! Stay focused on the...
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Mar 19, 2014 1:37pm
via Android

Eat more :-)

19 Mar
It's not necessarily a bad thing! Don't look at the numbers as much as what you look like :) muscle weighs more than fat so it's possible that you've burned off some fat and replaced it with muscle. Toning up!
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Mar 19, 2014 7:14pm
via Android

Maybe you worked out so hard, that you gained more muscles,than you lost fat

Image_thumb
255 Posts
Mar 19, 2014 8:39pm
via Android

Ok fisrt forget the scale!
Look the shape!

But it's right that your muscles are heavier than fat so you have gain muscle and it's not a bad thing

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Mar 19, 2014 8:46pm
via Android

A few tips.

1. Stop weighin urself every morning. Pick a point like every 2 or 3 weeks.

2. Dont focus completely on the scale. Its a tool to monitor your progress. The number on the scale is NOT your progress and shoudnt be a huge goal!

3. If you can get ur bodyfat percentage. And calculate ur fat free mass. If you cant calculate exactly a educated guess will do fine.

4. With ur fat free mass you can get what you calorie wise. This makes it easier to know what you need. Specially with ur activity level.

Cuz 1200 kcal is such a bullshit myfitnesspall number. Every woman thinks she needs 1200 kcal to lose weight. Which is rubbish.

The theory is all pretty easy doing it, is not :-)

19 Mar
Go Rappa !!
19 Mar
I'm following a diet plan off a muscle & fitness site based on a man of my weight & body type. I found I was eating too much protein and too little carbs / fat so I've started this week tracking what I eat. I use myfitnesspal but only to track the carbs/protein/fat %
19 Mar
Yeah its a great app for that.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 19, 2014 9:05pm
via iOS
I'm just happy to see you back & in good health !
19 Mar
Thank you very much, Scotty and Rappa. I really hope I start seeing results sometime soon. I really want this.
19 Mar
If you need any specific help. Feel free to pm with ur questions

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51