31 Mar
Why can you do them:-)
31 Mar
Sorry you feel that way :-)
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Mar 31, 2014 5:12pm
via Android

I see the pistol squat more as a thing to find out weakspots in you mobility. Not so much as a great exercise.

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Mar 31, 2014 5:24pm
via iOS
Yeah it more flexability than strength
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Mar 31, 2014 6:15pm
via iOS
Flexibility and balance

The pistol squat are a surprisingly hard excersise to master. But when you do it's a great movement.

It has two huge advantages.
1. If you can't make it to the gym or you are on viaation and want to get some leg work in you can do the pistol squat.

2. Power. When you get stronger in squats and you want to increase your power jump squats can be a great way to do so, but you don't want to jump around with a 80-100kg bar on your back. So you just use the pistol squat fore that power work.

First you need to get the Flexibility to do so. You need to be able to do a proper deep squat and be able to touch your toes witout bending your legs or back to much.

Then you need to get strong in squats. You need to squat your bodyweight or more before you start doing the pistol squats (I assume you got a gym here if you don't just do the negative of the pistol squat till you get it.)

Then you want to work on your balance. You don't want to Fall over. You can use an elast band to stabilise yourself if you need it.
31 Mar
Can't do them :(
01 Apr
Can't do what?
02 Apr
Pistol squats. Shocked myself with this revelation a few weeks ago. Will be targeting this move for the next while.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51