Computer science people ?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Mar 31, 2014 7:28pm
via iOS
Im an computer science major and i curious why im the only fit person in all thoses classes , like most ( 90+ ) % of them dont care for their body and fat and i just hate the image people give us.
Image_thumb
108 Posts
Mar 31, 2014 7:46pm
via Android

Well there gonna make good money, so they don t care

Image_thumb
42 Posts
Mar 31, 2014 8:15pm
via Android

Usually most people spend time infront of computers, coding, gaming, surfing or blogging etc. Which leads to a Sedentary lifestyle, also people have a habbit of munching stuff like chips while doing it so..

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Mar 31, 2014 8:34pm
via Android

Yes, same with me! I'm doing IT engineering and yes, no body in my class cares about fitness!

31 Mar
Its not the issue of being busy as well, because i manage to workout and score good grades as well ;)
2013-02-13_09
5 Posts
Mar 31, 2014 8:39pm
via Android

I was one of them lol. Much more fitter these days!

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Mar 31, 2014 9:36pm
via iOS
Yeah its my first yeah and i gain 30 pounds the first semster
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Apr 1, 2014 12:16am
via Android

It may just be the stress of school and a desire to focus on course work.

I'm a software developer at a 140ish person company and about 1/3 of our dev team (including me) work at standing desks. We have free weekly yoga and crossfit classes, a sweet gym, weekly sports night where we play basketball, volleyball, soccer or Dodge ball and a semi annual 3 month fitness/body fat loss contest.

We have marathoners, obstacle racers, a world champion dragon boat racer and several people have lost 50+ lbs since starting to work here. (We also get a ton of free food and beer, so thank God we have the fitness stuff to balance it out.)

I think it's a question of inertia. If you're stressed and busy at school/work and most people around you don't treat fitness as a priority you're less likely to do so as well. If you're surrounded by people who organize lunchtime running clubs and comparing green smoothie recipes it's much easier to work healthy living I to your life.

(We're hiring, btw, if anybody lives in or wants to move to Toronto.)

01 Apr
I would love where you work but im in TN so thats to far
01 Apr
PM'd you Nox. Just check it out please.
Image_thumb
481 Posts
Apr 1, 2014 6:43pm
via Android

Its just a personality type... its not that they don't care bout themselves(usually )...its just they are consumed with their own interests....

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51