I need motivation: (

16 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Apr 17, 2014 10:06am
via Android

What motivates you? I find myself working out hardcore for a week then I see food and forget all my hard work then eat again because of sadness:(

17 Apr
U knw u have to be patient:-).see the workout results come slowly slowly
17 Apr
I used to eat and drink because of depression. I was depressed about various things. One looked in mirror did not like what I had become or where I was headed, for my sake and my families. I replaced food and alcohol, with iron. Lifting has helped me look and feel better tho still a work in progress. Good luck!
17 Apr
Wake up early and if you have time before heading to the gym take a power nap for half an hour as soon as you wake up hit the gym you feel so awake and energetic
1607038_734494633256738_1319676199_n_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 17, 2014 2:07pm
via Android

Set your goal, for example X lbs at X month, but in that period set small goal like in a week, or by a special date. See inspirational works from people and remember, its a Lifestyle not judge sentence.

17 Apr
How much lbs do you think I should do per week?
18 Apr
1-2 lbs per week
Image_thumb
72 Posts
Apr 17, 2014 2:24pm
via Android

For me... quick, today, right now goals.. every day has there own struggle You don't know what tomorrow brings. I have long term goals but right now I Do today :-)

18 Apr
I agree, I'm the same way. :-)
18 Apr
I set workout goals like im going to run this far this day tnen when i get home i have a treat lake an organic fruit smoothie
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Apr 17, 2014 2:33pm
via Android

Why dun you maintain a workout journal? Easiest way to stay on track, monitor your progress and keep you motivated. Really feels good when you flip through the pages and go over your progress.

17 Apr
I never thought of this thanks!!
Image_thumb
32 Posts
Apr 17, 2014 2:51pm
via Android

Here's how to do it. If you start eating well, you think. " I might as well workout, since I'm eating healthy" or "I should eat healthier since I'm now working out" So just do both and allow a cheat day or two. It won't make much difference unless you're training for competition and a week out from it.

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Apr 17, 2014 11:08pm
via Android

This reminded me of the hip hop song where the guy says baby imma be your motivation or something like that.. Lol sorry random haha

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 12:13am
via Android

Well remember that its easy to go and eat fatty foods, while workout takes focus and determination. You will feel a lot better about yourself when you've gotten into a good habit of working out because you are rewarded two ways: 1. You will have a nice body and 2. You will be proud of what you can accomplish when you stick to your goals and tough it out. Just stay dedicated and you will be grateful that you did :)

Image_thumb
115 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 1:50am
via Android

My motivation is health itself. Most of the time, I sit at work. I also sit a lot (I'm a gamer).
I want to stay healthy and look young at older age, thus, workout for several minutes a day is a worthy sacrifice :)

Icon_missing_thumb
14 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 1:13pm
Eating right is always a challenge for me but I stay motivated by setting goals and reaching them and by seeing exercises on here that once seemed impossible start becoming easier.I wish you much success. Just don't give up
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 3:45pm
via Android

"change is very hard at the begining, messy in the middle and GORGEOUS at the end" never give up and I guess watching motivationl videos on Utube could help ALOT.

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 3:51pm
via iOS
Set goals like to lose X lbs by Xdate and then reward yourself when you accomplish it. But not with food or a cheat day. Reward yourself with something like new clothes. And make sure you set yourself up with goals that challenge you but are still realistic or you'll just feel like shit in the end. good luck :)
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 5:16pm
via Android

Before i started workout i decided to be healthy, to eat healthy, see this as a challenge and change ur habits.
U can use my fitness pal to track your daily meal, but personally i think that something is very boring do that every single day.
And always remember: workouts doesn't work if you don't eat healthy.

18 Apr
You can do it I believe in you
1794589_745518725459922_369512716_a_thumb
1 Post
Apr 18, 2014 6:18pm
via Android

Hey there,now motivation is something though to get but here is how I got mine, write down all excuses on paper(eg.no time,I want to sleep).Now I want you to take a good look at them and say : "I am not going to say those words this month"(btw I think no time is silly excuse because 1 hour workout is roughly 4% of your day) And after you see results you will be hooked amd you will be motivation for yourself, hope this helps .(Btw sorry if I made any mistakes, english is not my mother-tounge)

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 6:29pm
via Android

Plan your day and stay on track. When I have to be somewhere at a certain time, I think how much of my workout can I get in before I have to get ready? I try to get in my workouts in the morning so that way I can do another in the afternoon.

Image_thumb
86 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 8:11pm
via Android

That's the problem... you shouldn't start hard core, you will burn down in no time. Go slow and easy first and results will pop. Your diet same thing, eat what you like but in moderation. The more results you see the better choices you do and the more motivation you will have. Also do something you like, excercise doesn't have to be a torture.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Apr 18, 2014 11:34pm
via Android

Hi I'm am similar
Something I do is set an actual event, like a community event
I found a free weekly  5k fun run which is free
That gives me some motivation
Each Sunday I spend some me time thinking about what I cam add or reduce from my life.  That might be: butter - From this point forward, no more butter; or it might be something simple like (if you tend not to have breakfast but we know we should have something), add a apple for breakfast. ...
Broken up into bite size pieces is not so daunting
You'll find what works for you
Good luck
L

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51