Never worked out, beginner tips?

7 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Apr 18, 2014 3:26pm
via Android

Hi there!

So, I have downloaded this awesome app, as I am a newbie to working out. I don't like the gym, so being able to work out in the comfort and privacy of my home is very nice.

Honestly, I have never worked out like this before. I want to start a schedule and actually get fit. I have a small gut, that I can't seem to get rid of. I need motivation. Did any of you start out like me before, how did you get the motivation and have you seen progress? I want to build muscle and get rid of my small gut.

Sorry if this was too much information, just trying to explain.

115 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 6:30pm
via Android

Hi, mike. You can try workout from the less intense ones. Once you get the hang of it, do the one more intense.
For beginner, you might want to browse stretching and whole body workout. Just keep in mind to get rest and stop when you feel uncomfortable while workout.
And about muscle building, I don't think I'm the right person to give advice. I'm just trying to keep my weight steady.
Good luck :)

3 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 6:33pm
via Android

Start small, and then build up. Even if you can't finish a workout, you think 'next time I'll do more'. Because you'll be able to!
Schedule your workout times and days.
Enjoy the burn.

30 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 6:53pm
via Android

Your goals are the same as mine and I'm a newbie too. Have a search for 'menshealth skinny vanstone reeves', their before and after shots after 12 weeks show what can be achieved and give some good insight. I'm on top of my diet now I need a good workout so I'm watching your thread with interest...

160 Posts
Apr 20, 2014 6:10pm
via Android

More casual workouts or moderate instense workout works the best but with out proper form someworkout can lead to injuries when weight is added to it. But keep putting in the good work.

3 Posts
Apr 21, 2014 12:34am
via Android

I started just like you this time last year. I'd never done any workouts before and I wanted to start building muscle and get fit. I started off doing 10 push ups and as many sit ups as I could at night before bed. After 2 weeks I started doing small 10 minute cardio workouts and I got myself some dumbbells. Then I gradually increased the number of push ups and sit ups I was doing. After maybe 2 and a half months of this you will be surprised how strong you will feel compared to what you used to be. Then I would suggest doing some of the moderate and maybe intense workouts on this app. Remember it all takes time and effort. You will eventually get the results you want. Hopefully this helped.

274 Posts
Apr 21, 2014 5:23pm
via Android

Proper form, correct breathing, controlled range of motion on every exercise, light weights, more repititions. That should get you started. And it's not about how much you can lift, it's how you lift.

21 Apr
Condition the body with proper range of motion and posture for at least a month

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51