No gym?

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Apr 27, 2014 3:11pm
via iOS
Hi everyone! Getting back into the routine. Seems like most people are going to the gym these days. Is it necessary to get fit or have people done it on their own without having to step foot at the gym?
27 Apr
I've you spend a little money on weights, barbell, a gymnastics mat and skipping ropes you can do it at home on your own :) I do all my workouts at home
27 Apr
Lucas is right , As long as you stay motivated , You just need a few basic pieces. You can definitely do all your workouts and achieve your goals completely at home ! Check on Amazon I was able to get a weight bench , weights a medicine ball and mat all under $300
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Apr 27, 2014 3:27pm
via iOS
Thanks I have some weights but purchasing a jump rope and a mat is a good idea.
27 Apr
What I use very often, is a balancing pillow for squats and for standup shoulderpresses... cheap little gimmick with a great effect for the smaller stabilizing musculature in the lower back and right at the spine
27 Apr
I guess I will have to google balancing pillow. No idea what that is lol.
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Apr 27, 2014 3:33pm
via Android

No gym no problem

27 Apr
Pull up bar. Exercise bands select tech dumbbell .push up bars and away you go:-)
27 Apr
Pull up bar. Push up bar. Select tech dumbbell s
27 Apr
Stupid phone he he he
Farm_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 27, 2014 3:36pm

dumbells , mat, shoes 

no gym no problem ^^

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Apr 27, 2014 4:46pm
via Android

If you have the space you can train at home. Wish i could have the space for a homegym.

27 Apr
Ehh don't have a big space . Maybe for basics.
Image_thumb
82 Posts
Apr 27, 2014 7:51pm
via Android

I used to go to the gym but stopped as I got bored. I love working out at home. All I have is some dumbells and a mat (which is technically a camping mat to sleep on) and I don't feel I need anything else. Oh, and I definitely didn't spend much money. You can do whatever you set your mind to. It's all in finding the right workout/exercises for you. Then just stay motivated and you will get great results.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Apr 27, 2014 8:08pm
via iOS
Thanks for your reply.. Do you wear sneakers when working out indoors? I'm starting at about 20-30 min a day, working my way up..It's funny looking back I used to be a really athletic gymnast 15 years ago.  
Image_thumb
82 Posts
Apr 27, 2014 8:22pm
via Android

Yeah I wear trainers and some comfy clothes. I have some running clothes I like to wear too from when I went running but had to give that up til I get my knee fixed. I vary between 15 mins to over an hour (not by much).  This app is great to work up your stamina and get some muscle tone again. Anything you might want to achieve really. I'm sure you'll be able to get back to the same physique you had all those years ago if it's what you would like :-) I for one feel I get more results at home than I did at the gym.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Apr 27, 2014 8:38pm
via Android

I have a membership as well but it's so packed at the gym that it gives me anxiety. ..I been working out at home with resistance bands...exercises ball and my own body weight...it seem to be working. ..I Google all types of work out and I take few ideas here and their.  Good luck!!

27 Apr
Thank you. I totally feel working out at home is more convenient and less anxiety.
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Apr 27, 2014 9:15pm
via Android

I've never been in a gym before and I'm having great results, so I think it's not necessary as long as you stay motivated.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51