3 posts | Original | Recent
5 Posts
May 4, 2014 2:29am
via Android

I feel as if I'm hopeless and i feel like i have a eating problem like i don't know were to stop and i feel to weak to even work out I'm 21 years old I'm 5"7 and i weight 290. I got a membership hoping that would motivate me. But it doesn't and I'm thinking about ordering herbalife products. I just wish it was easy. I know its hard to. I just feel like a wale when i try to dress cute and go to clubs and i feel people look at me funny every were i go. Please advice from anyone

04 May
Bless your heart! Don't give up! Start small, and know that your worth has nothing to do with your weight! God loves you dearly, and He will give you strength to continue. Big hugs!
45 Posts
May 4, 2014 3:14am
via Android

You might want someone professional to talk to - they'd be best if things are that bad. But remember, anyone worth your time won't judge you on your appearance or weight! I know it can be very hard not to be self-conscious. My suggestion is to start out by doing calisthenics at home - jumping jacks, squat jumps, bicycle crunches, pushups, leg lifts, whatever you can do! Take walks around your neighborhood, too. That way you can start getting more comfortable and then putting that membership to work won't seem so daunting.

When you get out there, you might be surprised how supportive people are. Yes, there are haters, but listen to the people who lift you up instead.

It will take time to see results. Keep in mind your body won't snap back overnight. Track your progess and don't just rely on the scale. Take measurements, use pictures (yes it can be uncomfortable but they can make changes much more apparent sometimes!), and notice how your clothes fit. And don't forget your Skimble family is here for you!

04 May
Nicly put Madeline!! :-)
950 Posts
May 4, 2014 8:22am
via Android

You can't expect too much when you start out. Do something small every day, like jumping jacks, count how many you do and try to repeat that for a couple days then increase it by a few more.
Take a short walk every day.
Go to the gym and sit on the recumbent bike and just pedal easy for a while. I liked that machine when i started out, and machines in general are nice since the digital readout is easy to track and strive for improvement.

You don't have to work super hard, you just have to keep returning to it. Skip a day or three sometimes but don't let your brain trick you into thinking that's defeat, keep coming back to it.

The biggest changes are going to come from your efforts with food. The more vegetables you eat, the better. Avoid liquid calories like soda and coffee beverages, they are a huge influence in weight issues. Eat less red meat and more lean proteins or vegetable alternatives. Make sure you have healthy snacks with you wherever you go. Fruit or chopped veggies in a ziplock may help those times you're hungry and faced with convenience store choices. In general, whole unprocessed food is going to vitalize you with nutrition more efficiently, meaning you need to eat fewer calories to be healthy. 

Stick with it. That's really the hardest part. Not the workouts, not the food, but the consistency in the face of a self-destructive thought process that's been polluted with our society's instant gratification mentality.

Good luck.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51