Doing well... need a little advice

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
30 Posts
May 6, 2014 5:35pm
via Android

So I cut out all processed foods with added sugar, except for the occasional treat, and started eating more fruit and veg. I lost weight pretty quick but didn't want to get too skinny so I started doing pushups, pullups, planks and started walking more. It's only 4 months but I'm already leaner and fitter than ever before at 5'9 and 152lbs (age 40). My next goal is to build some muscle but not too much - I want to be athletic, not bulky. What do you guys suggest regarding training and diet? :)

07 May
I seriously was trying to gain 7 lbs an entire summer and literally as soon as I picked up weights, I gained it almost immediately. Being a female, I obviously didn't want to look like a man, but in order to gain muscle, this is essential. I'd recommend weight lifting at least 3 times a week if you can. You don't necessarily have to be a muscle head, but it will most definitely help you gain muscle. I don't know much about protein shakes but, try it out and if it works for you, then awesome. I'm currently double majoring...
07 May
Thanks Tiana, sounds like good advice :-)
08 May
Jack, you obviously didn't read what I posted because that is correct information. I've got a relatively good background in the subject area.. Hense I'm going to school for it. I pity you for being as ignorant as you are. I'm sure you have lots of friends- __-
Image_thumb
512 Posts
May 6, 2014 6:15pm
via Android

Eat much protein rich foods, enough carbs and do strength workouts.

Image_thumb
30 Posts
May 6, 2014 6:27pm
via Android

Thanks. I was thinking of maybe sticking with my current diet but adding protein shakes... sound okay?

06 May
I don't like protein shakes. I prefer it natural like meat, eggs and fish, but it will make you gain some muscles.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51