Stop smoking

43 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
82 Posts
May 15, 2014 5:55pm
via Android

I'm gonna give it a go (again). Anyone else fancy kicking it?
I've run out and I'm biting my tongue. Stocked up on sweets (lollies) and got chewing gum and lots and lots of water.
Anyways, I think some support could come in handy but I'm just gonna vent my frustration on here mainly. Who knows, it might help! ;-)

15 May
I used gum ..An went cold turkey... I beat the carving because I set my mind straight and u can do it to don't give up!!!
15 May
Try to associate smoking cigarettes with something you dislike. Convince yourself that these sticks of death will bring you closer to getting lung cancer cig by cig.
15 May
That's what I'm telling myself. They're deadly and I can do it cuz I've done it before. I just need to stick to it this time.
16 May
It's hard and I hate it!Help!
16 May
Ok Yvonne let's do this together Ok??
Image_thumb
26 Posts
May 15, 2014 6:12pm
via Android

Trying to quit but can't help

15 May
If u want two.... you will smash this challenge!!!!
Image_thumb
1 Post
May 15, 2014 6:27pm
via iOS
I've been cigarette free for 8 months. I went the route of the e cig, only I perfer the hooka style smokers. Usually choosing flavors that are more dessert like to satisfy my insane sweet tooth. I've worked my way from higher nicotine levels 24mg down to the lower range of 4-6 mg. Noticed a huge difference in my breathing. 

I quit mainly for myself and the wee people that count of me daily but it has it's benefits in the sport I play as well. 

Good Luck! 
24 May
I have a vaporizor/e-cig myself. Its straenanna (strawberry and banana) I am loving it. And weening down to maybe two cigs a day. Hopefully here pretty soon I'll be done with them. And starting to exercise more. That's why I got this app. I believe in myself. As I do all of you :-)
Image_thumb
82 Posts
May 16, 2014 5:11am
via Android

So day 1 has started. Should be ok til at least lunch time! I tend to keep working cuz if I stop the cravings start. Keeping busy is the key! As it's Friday (busiest day of the week), I can't see it being a problem. And I have this app to keep me busy tonight :-) 
High hopes!

26 Jul
After 12 days it gets easier, just hold on ;)
Icon_missing_thumb
14 Posts
May 16, 2014 6:34am
via Android

I smoked for 5 years and quit cold turkey the day I found out I was pregnant with my baby girl! You just have to find that one thing or person to motivate you! I feel soooo much better now! I can breathe SOO much better! My hair is thicker and shiny! My skin is softer and I know I wont get those yucky wrinkles around my mouth! Smoking is gross and it stinks!

YOU CAN DO IT! you just have to motivate yourself, keep busy and DONT give in whatever you do!!!

I am smoke free.... but now I have to TRY to motivate my man to quit

16 May
GOOD LUCK HUN ♡
17 May
That's exactly what I did. As soon as I found our I was pregnant with my son I stopped and, surprisingly, it was really easy. Probably because I was doing it for him. Problem: I started up again after he turned 1 and I'm once again needing to quit. I'm having a way harder time though now that in not doing it because I'm pregnant. I keep telling myself that even though he's not in my tummy, he still needs me to be healthy for him and he needs me to be here for him. Both of which cigarettes wool...
Image_thumb
82 Posts
May 16, 2014 10:30am
via Android

Lunch time and things where it gets hard... But I had some fruit! And now a lollie. Not in a bad mood yet either! Hey Ho :-)

Image_thumb
82 Posts
May 17, 2014 6:48am
via Android

Thanks for the support!
Day 1 went pretty good, as in I didn't kill anyone and didn't give in.
Day 2 started with someone screaming the place down outside at 5 am (i swear I didn't do anything to her) so god knows what's going to happen today. Again, it should be pretty busy at work but then you never know on a Saturday. I'm mainly worried about tomorrow but I found the thing to keep me going.
My sister's mother in law has lung cancer and it doesn't look good. All my brothers and sisters once smoked, they have all stopped. I can't be going back there and still smoke when they've managed to quit. I'd feel horrible! So that's keeping me going and I feel a lot more determined than I did last time I quit. So onwards and upwards!

17 May
You dont take any cigarette? If you survive 7 days you're good! I really want to see what will happen... I know ppl that claim you can achieve (and they did) it and the ones that even make you look stupid when you talk about it cuz they are cool and they need it... :(
17 May
...btw lol day 2 start! :D
17 May
Dude it wasn't funny at 5 lol I seriously thought she was being murdered or raped! She climbed on a roof to get into the neighbours windows and she was crying her eyes out. Anyways, no cigarette for a while now! 5.30pm Thursday night was last one! Just having lots of sweets instead haha
17 May
Oh it was not... (MyDirtyMind) :I
17 May
Apparently she had a fight with her boyfriend ;-) the one day I got to sleep in and she ruined it :-( but still, I didn't kill anyone! Just imagined it :-P
Image_thumb
48 Posts
May 18, 2014 8:00am
via Android

I had been smoking for 10 years and quit cold turkey 2 years ago...( going to be 2 yrs on 26 may)
Its not easy to quit....quitting  cigarettes are like breaking up with a relationship :) .... you need motivations to stay cold turkey.. think of all those moments when smoking made you feel bad...dried your throat and made you struggle for air...quit for one day and feel yourself... go by day at a time and when craving psychs your mind drink water....feeling is similar to holding a plank for a Long time and in midway you think you cant do it...but stay motivated ...no gum or patch will help u..( personally its like working out on steroids) cold turkey is the only way.. in 3 weeks ur cravings will be minimal but watch out from cravings.. its just like a call from old love which says in the middle of the night that they need you...and u may get caught  into the trap.. ;) all d best

18 May
You are very right! Luckily all ties with my ex have been cut and I will never give in to her ever again! ;-) these cigarettes are a thing of the past in my head and that's how they will stay. #decisionmade
18 May
May god help u all along
Image_thumb
23 Posts
May 18, 2014 8:39am
via Android

I found juices like cranberry or blackcurrant help kill the cravings. Keep your mind busy. Write a list of why you're giving up, what you don't like about smoking, and every time you get a craving read that list. Exercise helps, drinking lots of water, eating healthy foods. And also what helped me was keeping track of the days or hours you've been smokefree, its good for self affirmation and knowing how strong you've been so far.

18 May
I incidentally started drinking raspberry flavoured water yesterday and felt it helped a lot! I also have spearmint chewing gum, for when the cravings gets really bad. I don't use any aids as I don't believe in them. It's only pure willpower that will do it I think.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
May 18, 2014 8:45am
via Android

Hey there, stopped 1. of may, my little cheat is to drink half bottle water if I wanna smoke. For me that works.

Image_thumb
82 Posts
May 18, 2014 8:47am
via Android

Day 3... I'm not working today so it could be harder than itches been (people do say day 3 is the hardest), but I have a flat that could do with a spring clean and call of duty for when I start feeling angry. Exercise is gonna happen at some point too. Just over 1 month til I see my family again so there's my motivation!

18 May
I really want to quit too...somehow this thread has given me some of the motivation I need to quit. Unfortunately, I am surrounded by smokers! One of my staff members who I work pretty closely with is a smoker. It's going to be pretty hard!
18 May
Hi Anthony! I'm glad this thread has given you somewhat of a push! It's very hard when you are surrounded by smokers but you should try not to look at it like that! 3 of my members of staff smoke (a lot). My girlfriend smokes (I don't see her very often tho so that helps). If you want to do it, you can do it! I think it's all in making that decision and going from there. Like motivating yourself to exercise, try it with this. I don't want to let myself down again, perhaps find yourself the main reason...
18 May
My boyfriend smokes too...quite some. I was thinking of trying to quit with him but he says that he's not ready. I've decided to make today my last day of smoking. I tried it before...didn't last so long...but I wasn't really talking to anyone about it. I have lots of work tomorrow...with my FO...who smokes A LOT! Will see how that goes. Been thinking about it for quite some time now.
18 May
Well you have my support :-) you have a big challenge ahead of you and don't pressure yourself too much but give it a go and see how you get on! Use this post to vent all you like and I will try keep you going as best as I can
18 May
When i gave up i lived with 3 other smokers. I just made them smoke away from me and told myself i was better off without it :-)
Image_thumb
82 Posts
May 18, 2014 6:12pm
via Android

Doing pretty good today! Breathing during exercise is already slightly improving and the cravings haven't been too bad :-)

19 May
Day 1. Woke up with the mother of all cravings. Didn't give in. Instead went out for a run. Not an easy feat. Now in the office. My work mate is smoking away. Lots of temptation. But going strong so far. 8 hours free.
Image_thumb
82 Posts
May 19, 2014 7:27am
via Android

So here we go, say 4. Off to work shortly, where stress can make things hard, or busy days can make it easy. Totally up for it though, and feeling much, much better!

Image_thumb
123 Posts
May 19, 2014 8:18am
via iOS
Oranges are meant to help cause peeling them gives you something to do with your hands as well as your mouth.  I have heard going to the sauna for three days running makes you sweat out the nicotine faster so withdrawal doesn't last long
Image_thumb
82 Posts
May 19, 2014 7:12pm
via Android

Having to clench my teeth tonight... Not even cuz I want a cigarette because I don't,  it's just out of habit!  Thinking it might take the edge of the pain in my knee but it won't so I'm holding onto a bottle of water because a few people on here said it helps. And watching the American version of the killing,  which really is rather good!  Wish I could exercise hah. Oh well,  still think the worst is over with ;-)

Image_thumb
82 Posts
May 20, 2014 9:30am
via Android

So day 5, at home resting my leg. Got a coffee and call of duty. Pretty perfect right now :-) and no cravings! Apart from wanting to eat. Constantly. I've alreafygained about 4 kg's lol

20 May
Reading this diary is inspiring... You are strong! I wish few ppl i know are strong like you, and not like "i need it" and " f u ". ;)
20 May
I am strong but not strong enough as this is the second time I'm kicking it. But no more going back! It's not the nicotine I need, it's a life! ;-)
20 May
Keep in mind that the moment you/if take any... You will be at already at beginning. Fight and keep us posted. ;)
Image_thumb
48 Posts
May 20, 2014 9:38am
via Android

U will gain a lot .... nicotine used to suppress hunger...avoid sugary things...increase you intake of water and exercise regularly (must) ... that will help you to keep off the food that u eating unnecessarily

20 May
Doing my best :-) drinking flavoured water. Can't exercise with dodgy knee. Or at least nothing that'll burn calories. Working on it tho!
Image_thumb
48 Posts
May 20, 2014 9:47am
via Android

Eat some green veggies and lime...not only they help in maintain weight but also will give you a kick of antioxidants.....make sure ur flavoured water doesn't contain sugar

Image_thumb
82 Posts
May 21, 2014 6:50am
via Android

Day 6. Woke up with a not so bad taste in my mouth today, which I see as a plus. It was as if i could taste the tar before that heh. Feeling pretty good, even though last night I literally ate everything my fridge had to offer (including green veg and lots of water). I do hope I don't feel like that tonight... Maybe I'll go for a walk tonight! At least it'd get me off the couch.
And another rule to stick to: stop buying junk food!

Image_thumb
82 Posts
May 21, 2014 8:03pm
via Android

Still day 6. The clenching my teeth bit started a lot later today! Even after overdosing on caffeine. Did good with the eating too, or at least better. Only naughty one was a chocolate and vanilla doughnut, which basically got forced into me by one of my members of staff. And I had a full box of salad for dinner, with some fish (and oven chips). Apart from that just cereal, yoghurt and lots of water. We're not gonna mention the fact I'm starving right now ;-)
Either way, I'm not wanting a cigarette! Which is good, considering I'm watching a show on Netflix where someone is having a cig every 5 seconds it would seem.

21 May
Do you think you can help me? I want to try it but... Can i try it once or do you Say no dont try? Pls advice
22 May
Sorry jeroen didn't see this! (you Dutch btw?) I think if you want to quit, you should try and go for it. I failed last time cuz I didn't really want to stop but I do now and today is one week! So if you want to stop, do it. And I will help you as best I can :-)
Image_thumb
48 Posts
May 22, 2014 5:58pm
via Android

Janna do u swim?? If not then try swimning ftr u complete one month... it helps gaing lung capacity as well as keeps you fit....if u already do then u will feel the difference post quitting...

22 May
I don't at the moment but I would really like to again, just haven't got anywhere to go. But thanks! I love swimming :-)
Image_thumb
82 Posts
May 22, 2014 7:14pm
via Android

Day 7! My god, I have to say this is feeling much easier than when I quit last year! Not as hungry today either :-) or clenching my teeth as much! Even though I felt very deflated today,  I didn't even think about smoking at all!
I think writing it down every day really helps cuz it gives more of a push to keep going.
Either way, I'm feeling good in general and my breathing has improved so much! I'm just looking forward to feeling better every day :-)

22 May
You are crossing into safe zone slowly ;)
Image_thumb
48 Posts
May 24, 2014 3:41am
via Android

Its nice that you post all these posts...thats wat support groups are for... keep it up...stay put stay clean..

Image_thumb
82 Posts
May 24, 2014 4:36pm
via Android

Day 9.
Well I have been in a horrible mood all day. Tired, in pain, angry... But guess what? No cravings! Didn't want a cigarette at all! Now that is a major step forward!
So I've come home to the little amount of exercise I can, and after I'm gonna break into a beer. Because it's Saturday, it's bank holiday weekend and because I CAN.
Also, radio 1 live in Glasgow on the radio so tunes for sure.

24 May
Tunes for sure!!!
May 24, 2014 4:40pm
via Android

Good job! Go on.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51