Best time to exercise during the day?

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
23 Posts
May 17, 2014 4:49pm
via Android

Hi everyone, when do y'all work out? Is there an ideal time to exercise?

17 May
When you feel energetic
17 May
I read this on pinterest: 'work out first thing in the morning before your brain figures out what you're doing'. It works for me. The longer I wait to workout in the day, the more I have to talk myself into doing it. Also, schedule your sessions into your day if not first thing in the morning. That way you are more likely to stick with that time and schedule everything else around it so you have no excuses to not follow through. I hope this helps.
Image_thumb
13 Posts
May 17, 2014 5:59pm
via Android

I don't work out until maybe 8 or 9th at night. I go to bed at 12am and have to get up at 6am to be at work at 7. Due to my schedule, I'm not planning on waking up at 4am to work out and get ready to go to work. Plus no sleep =less productive workout. What I do and gives me the best energy boost to really put my all in a workout, is after work, take a nap, drink a coffee wait an hour before a workout. My moto is, whatever works for you so that you can do the best workout is what you stick with.

17 May
Also I don't eat dinner before my workout, makes me want to throw up during the workout, plus I don't want to wait for my food to digest (that's more time for my mind to talk me out of working out) so I eat afterwards. I tend to eat so much healthier and choose healthier foods after workout, bc I just busted my ass to workout and I'm not going to eat something bad to prolong this process.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51