Silent scream for help...

14 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
May 23, 2014 1:05pm
via Android

About a year and a half ago I had twins and just cant find the energy or the will to workout...and all I seem to be doing is getting fatter.. not only keeping the baby weight but gaining more... I dont have a very good support system here so im looking elsewhere. I feel like im eating myself to death and I dont want to die....

23 May
Some thing I find usefull is a yoga ball im lazy and restless lol but the last few months iv been having stomach pains and had key hole surgery a week ago and amusing my yoga ball just to very actively bounce on is very fun gentle exercise it does not burn much but if u use it to
23 May
.....get you moving it may help.it helps me when im feelin lazy :)
26 May
Get a jogging stroller and start with walks evetually going to a jog they sell them as double strollers me and my wife have one you can get one on amazon for about $160
30 May
Don't give up! Start slowly with walks and light jogging! You can do it!!!
Image_thumb
612 Posts
May 23, 2014 1:48pm
via Android

How badly do you want to change?
What you need to realise is that getting started is half the battle.  Once you start you will feel great and that in itself is motivating. 
Decide you want to do it and get off your ass for the sake of your children!
You can do it!

23 May
Well said Alan, not much we can add to that except there's support here but that alone don't get anyone off their ass!
Image_thumb
48 Posts
May 25, 2014 5:03am
via Android

Eating disorders..hmmm...try do one thing...drink green tea in morning after you wake up..add honey and lemon in it.... drink it twice or thrice a day....drink a lotta water..if you feel like eating then eat food full of fibers...once you start eating healthy ur bad eating habits will go and you may b motivated to do exercise

Image_thumb
48 Posts
May 25, 2014 5:04am
via Android

Post anytime u feel depressed :)

Image_thumb
30 Posts
May 25, 2014 7:48am
via Android

It is difficult when u have kids as you instinctively put their needs first and tend to neglect your own. And it's hard to get properly rested too, which is more important to your wellbeing than u may realise. To be honest it sounds like your head isn't in the right place at the moment, but don't worry. We can help .

Here's my suggestion, and if u look at my previous posts it's my answer for everything lol...

To begin with you need a head shift from short term goals (I need to lose x pounds etc) to the long term (I am going to greatly reduce the amount of processed sugary food I eat).

Then introduce healthy choices in place of the junk you used to eat but here's the trick... do it one meal at a time so it's less of a shock to the system (eg, focus on breakfast and mid morning snacks for a week or two and only move on to lunch when you're ready). Take your time and find healthy options that you enjoy eating and gradually introduce them in place of the processed junk. Remember you're in this for the long haul! Drink water. Eat lots of veggies. Buy a grill.

Everything else should click into place after a month or two: your clothes will feel loose and you'll have higher energy levels, strong feelings of self worth and a desire to take things further. You'll respect yourself more and this will give you resilience against negative thoughts. It will give you a very solid platform from which to build and you'll be ready to add exercise into the mix. Tricky with kids but not impossible... but let's cross that bridge when we come to it

Image_thumb
258 Posts
May 25, 2014 1:17pm
via Android

Iv recently started a veggie diet a week ago n I'm  feeling great yesterday I tried meat. N two things happened. One I was still hungry where veggies have been filling me up.  Two I ended up eating more. So I ate bout two times more meat n meat has more calories also. Just find things n ul get use to them :)

Image_thumb
19 Posts
May 25, 2014 6:33pm
via Android

The mind is your battleground.  It’s the place where the greatest conflict resides.  It’s where half of the things you thought were going to happen, never did happen.  But if you allow those thoughts to dwell in your mind, they will succeed in robbing you of peace, joy, and ultimately your life.  You will think yourself into a nervous breakdown, into depression, and into defeat.  I know because I’ve been there.

27 May
So true I'm there now but trying to get better
Image_thumb
110 Posts
May 26, 2014 9:36pm
via iOS
Hey!!!i know what are you talking about.my babies are turning 2 in a week.and i did not believe that twins....it is 10000times harder that 1child at a time.i was soooo tired from everything,sleeping very little and so on.and in breaks-eating till i felt i will die from food.i am not sure what was my motivation,where i started but i appreciate it now.i just understod that i will have health problems soon,i couldnt look at myself on the photos.and i started to search useful apps that helped my very much.to organise my day. I have lost 12 kg,feeling much better now.still in progress,need to lise mire 10kg at least.so good luck to you in finding force into yourself because it is only you who can change your life
26 May
*to lose more
Image_thumb
48 Posts
May 29, 2014 5:31pm
via Android

Hey...any updates?? Have you managed some time to start working out??

29 May
I have and managed to get the babies up and moving with me ... and ive started a lower calorie diet ..thanks for your the support :-)
29 May
Thats great.. keep up posting...try to make some te for a 30 min walk everyday for two three weeks...esp after dinner make some time for walk...dont drink anything cold post meal for half an hour..it damps metabolism...try to eat light and full of fibers...and keep posting...u r not alone remember that
Image_thumb
258 Posts
May 30, 2014 7:13pm
via Android

Lost ten in last 12 days. Down to 172 12 pounds to my middle goal

Image_thumb
53 Posts
May 30, 2014 7:46pm
via Android

If it's super hard for u to diet & exercise then my suggestion is to start small. Just cut 1 item u eat a lot but isn't healthy. Then in a couple of weeks cut something else & so on. It worked for me...lost 40lbs in 4months...

Image_thumb
48 Posts
Aug 6, 2014 5:08am
via Android

Hello jacklyn.... still active on skimble? Any progress u made so far?? Its long since you posted

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 7, 2014 2:11am
via Android

Hi I had twins also they are 18 months now.  I never put on much extra weight with them. 50 lbs but almost all of that was gone when I had them. I started putting on weight street I had them lol so can't even claim baby weight.
Twins keep you busy especially in those early days. Now I find there's a bit more time to get in workouts.
I throw mine in the jogger and go walking/jogging or do workouts when they go to bed or just simple workouts when they are awake that they can still climb all over me. I just started working out again after I stopped when I was about 5 months along with them. I have about 30 lbs to get rid of. Good luck! We can do this!

Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 7, 2014 2:25am
via Android

Oi

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51