Asthma and excercise,

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 3, 2014 4:37am
via Android

Hi 3veryone iam an asthmatic looking to get motivated and start a healthy excercise plan and diet. One problem is I cant seem to get the motivation to do excercises or running as my asthma comes creeping up and sometimes I find it hard to breathe and keep going. Has anyone else suffered this aswell, or has anyone got any tips for me or excercises I can do thankyou

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 3, 2014 8:10am
via Android

Hi I'm asthmatic too. Personnaly, I swim to increase my breath capacity. You have a lot of exercices for the breath I think... And before running, I take my medicine for the breath.

03 Jun
Oh ok thankyou so true I forgot about swimming , iam a good swimmer but unfortunately its winter here now so cant be doing that for awhile ! I went for a 20 min walk this afternoon and felt great ( prior to this I had some ventolin and also a preventative ) also for the last week I had a respiratory infection so I found it difficult to even leave the house but im feeling alot better then before. I felt abit weezy walking on a slope as I was ariving home but an a litrle flustered :/
04 Jun
I'm asthmatic and I'm a competitive swimmer. It's brilliant. I used to struggle loads with my breathing but now I only use my ventolin when I'm really bad :D join a swimming club if possible (and why can you not swim in winter :s )
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 3, 2014 8:23am
via Android

Why don't you go at swimmingpool? I'm not a good swimmer but I swim nearly 1/2 hour. But I'm a little asthmatic. I make a lot of sport (handball, running, swimming, fitness...) and I do any exercices for breath. (I'm sorry for my engliƛh ;-) )

03 Jun
Well because at the moment the pool is closed because its to cold here in Australia so no pools this time of year for awhile , but in summer I will go swimming alot o used to swim in competitions until I got older and had asthma so I kinda gave up!! Any other tips for doing vigorous excercise with asthma ?
03 Jun
Ok you are australian. I am French. I do one exercice. You must lie down on the back, with your arms on the both side to your body. With the noz, take a breath deeply, the more you can. And after, the more slowly you can, blow with the mouth. More your practice, more your blow will be long. I don't know if my explains is good but it's the only exercice I do and the result are wonderfull ;-)
1620854_10152122663671480_72239302_n_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 3, 2014 1:33pm
via Android

Have you tried any of the Powerbreath products or similar. Some of the people I have trained in the past have had a similar issues to yourself and have found products like that to really help

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jun 3, 2014 1:58pm
via Android

Hi Taryn I'm an asthmatic as well. Take your time with exercise and don't quit it gets better. I havent used an inhaler for 10 yrs (I'm 44 and have played roller derby for 8) maybe try some essential oils with your inhaler to help open up your lungs

Image_thumb
71 Posts
Jun 3, 2014 5:52pm
via Android

Anybody here of vitamin D benefits for asthma?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51