Any ex-smokers here?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Jun 3, 2014 2:07pm
via Android

Ive been smoking for almost 8 years, Ive tried to quit over 10 times and its the only thing thats holding me back from putting on more lean mass. Any tools or suggestions on ways to quit? I need something new and fresh, Ive tried everything from the gum to the patch to the E cig. Anything would be greatly appreciated

03 Jun
I smoked for 5 years bro with my pops and one day we wantrd to stop used every method no help its all mentally the way i see whenever you want a cigarette do pushups until your out of breathe pre ocupie your mind and think on how much it is holding you back well thats what helped me bro
04 Jun
I smoked for like 10 years, working out was hard with smoking so I started to cough a lot and I cared more about working out and running faster and longer periods of time, then I had chest pains so eventually I said fuck this shit, I wasn't even enjoying it anymore I felt stupid for smoking and coughing so much, wasting my money
Image_thumb
71 Posts
Jun 3, 2014 8:22pm
via Android

for 20+ yrs. quit twice.. second times the charm Ben 6 yrs and jammin..u have to really want to!! everyone to anyone can tell u to do this.. try this.. in the end its how bad do u want to..1 day at a time every day u don't smoke u ad time to your life.. you're going to have lots of energy spin it in a positive direction.

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 3, 2014 11:35pm
via Android

The best advice I've ever gotten when trying to quit was reward yourself and make it a weekly goal. If you aren't rewarding yourself it just seems like a huge loss.

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Jun 4, 2014 12:16am
via Android

Thanks alot guys, I appreciate the advice. I just went for a long run and decided im just going to stop no matter how difficult its going to be for me.

Icon_missing_thumb
122 Posts
Jun 4, 2014 2:46am
via Android

It's been nearly a year since I've smoked :) What really helped me was quitting with another person.. well actually two other people but one of them gave up. The person that DID quit however was someone everyone thought would never be able to stop smoking. His strength gives me strength. If he can do it, the so can we!

Also, it helps to actively brainwash yourself by telling yourself it is absolutely the most disgusting thing and only gross people do it lol. Every time you see someone smoking that looks nasty-- take note of it!

Good luck, I know you can do it. You really can.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 4, 2014 5:33am
via Android

Yep been a smoker for 3 years an iam 19...its the worst thing ever but so hard to kick this habit ! Makes walking up hill , running etc so difficult :(

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51