Need advice

2 posts | Original | Recent
3 Posts
Jun 5, 2014 8:43pm
via Android

I feel like I'm not breathing the best way when I work out, I get short of breath almost everytime. Not winded or about to pass out, nothing like that. But maybe there's a proper breathing technique I'm missing out on..somehow? Any advice??

05 Jun
Slowly in through your nose, out through your mouth.
07 Jun
Here are my few tios, which I learnt couple of years back. 1. Always breathe only through nose, even when not working out. 2. Take deep breaths, you must feel the air intake going through ur stomach. 3. Last and important one, when stretching in stomach region, breath in and breath out when shrinking. This one holds good for all positions.
2 Posts
Jun 5, 2014 8:58pm
via Android

Pushups - exhale sharply as you push yourself off the ground like you're doing the pushup with just your exhale. Breath in as you're going back down.
Weights or squats are the same concept. As your muscles contract or flex in the workout,  exhale. When releasing the muscle to do your next rep, inhale deeply again.
If you make yourself concentrate on breathing in time with your workout, you'll force more oxygen through your lungs and bloodstream,  also increasing performance and endurance.
Good luck! :)

06 Jun
Ahhhh! Thank you that's exactly what I was looking for!! Cuz I normally give up speed for form just when I get short of breath. I wanna make sure I'm doing it the right way. So thank you :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51