Do you use this app at the gym?

5 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Jun 10, 2014 1:43am
via Android

I mostly work out at my gym but I would like to be able to track them all in one place. Those who use this app at the gym how do you input your workout?

24 Posts
Jun 10, 2014 5:24am
via Android

I've used Workout Trainer at the gym, but I'm not sure Workout Trainer is the app you're looking for. You can create workouts, but it's more like a group fitness class than a personal trainer.

The interface lends itself better to CrossFITHIIT, cardio, and cross-training,  and circuit training than weight training. It tells you the exercise you are supposed to do, for how long, and keeps a record of having completed that workout.

It doesn't record weight or reps (sets are built in to each workout). I do think it'd be a worthwhile addition to be able to record the weight lifted and/or number of reps completed for each exercise,  but it doesn't seem to be the focus of the app. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's still a very powerful tool, especially if you can find a community to share your activities with. I love being able to have a fitness class available on my schedule. I get together every other week with my support team, we go over our efforts, measure our progress, set our goals for the next couple weeks, then go home and and keep working towards our individual goals.

10 Jun
I'm pretty new to this app but I think if you choose "Do This Workout" & let the video play till the end, once it's finished it has a place you can add comments. I've been putting my reps & other info in there, then save it & if you go to your profile it will have exercises you've created with your comments (reps & info) there! : ) Fyi- I have mine on private cause this is only my second week in but if you have it on public, others can see your info! ~ Jo
1 Post
Jun 10, 2014 3:13pm
via Android

I use it at the gym. I do some cardio machine exercises like the elliptical and the treadmill. I've also used it for some weight training. I just need a little guidance.

1017 Posts
Jun 10, 2014 4:06pm
via Android

Yeah, but not for strenght training.

2 Posts
Jun 10, 2014 5:22pm
via Android

Thanks! ! I do use an app for the gym that I love, it let's me record reps and weight but I was hoping to be able to combine both apps...o well. I like this app for home and outside workouts.  Thanks for the tips though!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51