Fitting in fitness

16 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
185 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 12:29pm
via iOS
So I'm at a very very busy time with my studies and I'm loath to admit it but I have let my fitness levels drop low. So many times I've told myself "I'll just finish this assignment then I'll get back into my routine" (so on and so forth)
I'm so sick of my pathetic inability to work out a routine that fits in my copious study as well as the amount of fitness I want to do!
So I'm reaching out to ask if anyone is or has been in a similar situation, and if you could pretty please share some advice or your own story!
Thanks in advance fellow Skimblers and may all your own goals be achieved swiftly!
16 Jun
No advice because I'm in the same boat. But just keep persevering. It takes about 30 days for your body to learn and unlearn habits. :)
18 Jun
I always found it best when studying to do like an hour or so of revision or work then whenever I lost concentration or got bored I'd do 15-20 minutes of exercise. After that I'd get some water and sit back down feeling miles better and able to concentrate again. Plus it stopped me eating time on the Internet looking at funny pictures of cats lol
04 Aug
Hope u had a good day. Stay strong. U seem like a good person so don't get discouraged. Hit me up on Facebook. I am from the US. My name is Joseph Wayne.
Image_thumb
155 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 12:47pm
via Android

Being there! Sometimes it's difficult to find time... in those days I do a 10 minutes workout from BeachBody, it's short but effective...

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 12:53pm
via iOS
I'm a student to. I just priorities the gym. I see it much like this. A time budget is something you make after you did the importent things. Like going to the gym... Or classes....

Anyways if you can't do that skimple get a few full body workouts on here and on the internet. Try to get a full program and not just a single workout do you can plan ahead.

It has to be something intense and you must be able to do it at home if you are on a time budget. You can get a long way with 30 min. 2*. Adjustible 25 pound db's and a pullup bar. It's really cheap to (like 50 USD or so)

Hope it helps :)
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 4:52pm
via Android

I'm also a student. I'd advise you try what I do. I do lots of short intense workouts 5-10 minutes between revision as my break time;

I.e I'll do a physics exam paper which is 1-2 hours. One or two short workouts, hydrate and then the next task. I also try to do a workout just before a meal (and after if I don't feel too full xD)

Image_thumb
185 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 5:49pm
via iOS
Logan you do physics as well? 

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I'm keen to put them into practice 
(I can't access comments which is why I'm posting like this) 

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 5:55pm
via Android

Yeah I have my last 4 A2 exams this coming week, all being well I'll be doing a MPhys degree from September :')

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 6:04pm
via Android

No its an integrated Masters degree :')

Image_thumb
185 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 6:07pm
via iOS
Haha oh that makes more sense xD 
I've not heard of that, it must be a thing from (wherever you're from) 
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 6:09pm
via Android

I'm from the UK. Most people go to university to do a Bachelor's Degree then have the option to do a Masters after, mines just a single course which gets me both :)

Image_thumb
185 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 6:13pm
via iOS
Ah yes that would explain the difference :') 
That's awesome, all the best 
Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jun 15, 2014 9:09pm
via Android

There its a 7 minute workout on this app that's whole body you can do. I do that one regularly. Also several short ones like 5 min plank.

Eat healthy, get rest, and exercise a little. Make your goals small and try not to worry if you miss it once in a while.

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Jun 16, 2014 2:29pm
via Android

When I was in college and serving in the military, I got my workouts in - I just never slept is all lol - you have to sacrifice something, be it hanging out with friends or anything else that isn't an obligation

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 16, 2014 3:05pm
via Android

Multitasking is your best friend. Study and/or read while on a stationary bicycle or other cardio equipment that doesn't require much upper body movement. It's an excellent way to get work done while doing some sort of exercise.

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 17, 2014 2:28am
via iOS
I workout for 30 minutes at the very end of my day (right before bed) although I'm tired and possibly stressed from the day exercising helps me end on a happy note! 
it also helps if I eat a meal closer to when I go to bed . I don't feel so bad!
if I really just plan on crashing when I get home I make sure to set an alarm for myself the next morning that will motivate me to get out of bed and workout before the day starts!
hope this helps (:  
I get the feeling of not enough hours in a day pretty frequently too!
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jun 17, 2014 2:38am
via Android

Surprisingly I used to be a work out junkie. Before I completely gave up on that life, I used to workout in small bursts in between assignments. I'd finish my work, or I'd get to the point where I couldn't work/focus anymore and I'd put on I pair of headphones and I'd set a timer or I'd workout until I thought my body would collapse. I would make a check list for myself and I'd get my lifting and my cardio in. I'm tryijg to get back to that life. Good luck, hun!!

Image_thumb
110 Posts
Jun 17, 2014 11:10am
via Android

Working 70+ hrs a week and having a tough time fitting in my workouts also so not much help here :( Good luck to you :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51