Legs hurt. Not abs.

5 posts | Original | Recent
13 Posts
Jun 16, 2014 4:09am
via Android

Why do my legs hurt after doing a core/ab workout? My sides and abs hurt only a bit.. but the tops and sides of my thighs are so sore.

16 Jun
Do it girl!!! That means u are doing it right. Haha.
18 Jun
There is a muscle that attaches from the top sides of your thighs and goes to your hips. I've trained with a ton of people who allow that muscle to work rather than there core doing the movements. Go back to the basics. Is your core tight when you exercise ( belly button going towards the spine). How is the position of your back. There are a ton of reasons why this will happen to be honest. Look up some muscle anatomy and your see the muscle I'm talking about!
28 Posts
Jun 16, 2014 4:21am
via Android

What exactly did you do? Was it a circuit workout?

731 Posts
Jun 16, 2014 8:02am
via iOS
Sounds like bad form. When you do do your abs try to focus on contracting your abs and not just doing the movement. Most people have an overstimulated hip flexor there May take over in many core exercises if you don't focus on the abs. Also try to stretch your hip flexor before you work out.
5 Posts
Jun 16, 2014 9:20am
via Android

Pick a workout with a lot of sit-ups and leg lifts... There are many workouts here that feature exercises, like mountain climbers or all the plank-based stuff, which do not target the Abs unless you focus on them.

I found that sit-ups worked great for me. It's impossible to do them without a lot of effort from the Abs. You can have a look at some of the workouts that I created here if you want.

Good luck!

159 Posts
Jun 17, 2014 5:04pm
via Android

Try hanging knee raises instead of lying leg raises they isolate the abs better. Also planks.. But all in all having strong psoas is important too which is the muscle where you feel the burn according to me. I feel the burn at the top of my legs too.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51