Really want to go for a run but..

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
140 Posts
Jun 20, 2014 4:07am
via Android

I just feel weird about it. I don't wanna scare any babys in stollers or interupt traffic. How do people do it without feeling awkward in such a busy city? I dont usually run. Any tips?

20 Jun
Your too considerate of others, and joggers are too fast to interrupt traffic, I bet any baby seeing you run will find more inspiration than fear in you Running:) you deserve a little earth; claim it! Happy running
20 Jun
what big city are you in sam? i'm in new york city and there are runners everywhere, you're just being shy lol, there's no parks? or go to the gym and run on a treadmill like i do
20 Jun
Lol I was being lazy! Another one of my dumb excuses. I ended up running last night doing 4 mins of walking then 2 mins of running. Its not as big as ny but ny is the city that never sleeps worcester is the city of lazy massholes! But they can go ahead and judge me I wanna be healthy! Lol
20 Jun
Well I did the 4 then 2 like 5 times. I hear 45 mins of cardio is better but that felt like my limit
20 Jun
try the couch to 5k runs i do from week 1, those help a lot, i know how you feel, i used to be like that, once you stop caring what others think you just do what you want to do, 45 minutes of cardio is good, if you include what you walk in the whole day and run you probably do more than that anyway, let them judge with their fat bellies while you're running around looking sexy,they're just hating they don't have the guts to do what you do lol
Img-20110724-230_thumb
11 Posts
Jun 20, 2014 4:09am
via Android

Just run...

20 Jun
Ill just do it! :)
20 Jun
Do you run with music? If I have music blasting I tend to forget that people are around me.
20 Jun
Thats a good idea ill find my headphones. I just got a smart phone like a month ago so I forget I even have music! Lol
Icon_missing_thumb
17 Posts
Jun 20, 2014 4:17pm
via Android

Find a trail or path that has less vehicle traffic. Try a large park. Or go outside the city.

Image_thumb
60 Posts
Jun 20, 2014 4:49pm
via Android

Just go for it, why care what someone thinks. Hell might just get compliments!

Image_thumb
82 Posts
Jun 20, 2014 5:00pm
via Android

I used to feel the same. Actually I still do. I just tend to go for a quiet route. You can't avoid people completely unfortunately, but having headphones in helps. I live in a pretty quiet town and everyone knows each other. I actually go out without my glasses on so I don't recognise anyone hah it helps though! Feels like I hide in plain sight :-)

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Jun 20, 2014 5:04pm
via iOS
I go at like 11:30 at night when everyone is in there house
20 Jun
Lol thats what I did last night I finally just did it lol
20 Jun
They can't say anything if there in the bed hahaha
20 Jun
Plus it's not hot at night lol

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51