Anyone with insomnia?

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
140 Posts
Jun 22, 2014 10:05am
via Android

Its hard trying to do this. What helps you through it? I've been trying really hard to relax more but I get so worked up last night I was awake until 6 am and tonight I only slept 3 hours or so and woke up. I don't use any pills. It's one excuse I had for not working out. But not anymore!

22 Jun
Hi Sam - Try Psalms 16.
23 Jun
I take Alteril sometimes. It's basically tryptophan, melatonin, and valerian root. Smells like the taint of a french cyclist, but does the trick. I wale up feeling pretty good. Pretty sure all the major drugstore chains will carry it.
23 Jun
It (could)means you are not tired... GET TIRED! Lol
25 Jun
Ya i have that problem alot
25 Jun
But people say that working out does help you sleep better
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 22, 2014 10:21am
via Android

Hi sam there might be several factors linked with your insomnia:
- stress: any issues lately? New job? Family and friends issues? Health? Try to find the root causes of this.
- diet: cut back on caffeine in the afternoon ( or if possible forever! )
- smartphone: don't use it right before going to bed as the screenlight will disturb your bodyclock

When was the last time you had a good night sleep and why? Might give you the answers to your insomnia...

Hope this helps

22 Jun
Had the same job for a year and a half. I really hate it though and I haven't had a smart phone until a few months ago . And family affects alot I moved out of my moms a few years ago because I don't like her boyfriend. Probably the job and family affect it the most.
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 22, 2014 10:49am
via Android

Hello Baya and Sam.I suffer from insomnia at the mo as well.Even after a full 10 hr day at work and an hour or so in the gym I always seem to wake at least twice nightly.I do drink a considerable amount of coffee during the day due to my busy job and lifestyle.I don't seem to suffer tho!! I still get everything done each day work etc but my face gives it away.Puffy eyes dark circles etc.

22 Jun
Same here
22 Jun
It's a vicious circle really Sam isn't it.I was thinking of trying the herbal Nytol tabs.Dont know if they are any goid though?? :-)
22 Jun
Ill have to look them up and try them. I have my medical marijuana card for insomnia. So that helps. I think working out in the morning helps it doesn't help me sleep but it helps me wake up
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jun 22, 2014 11:28am
via Android

Yes mj was good for me in the past but I'm T total these days, so wud like to try a natural remedy of some kind.Morning exercise is great.I am a member at Pure Gym and morning circuit classes really get the blood pumping Sam.Sets you right up for the busy day ahead!!

22 Jun
Thats how I am except for mmj I dont drink I stay up all night if I do and too many cals for my diet!
22 Jun
Hi Sam - Try reading Psalms 16
22 Jun
Just read it it is relaxinf
Image_thumb
1 Post
Jun 23, 2014 12:40am
Try taking L-theanine around 3 hours before bedtime and then melatonin 30 minutes before sleeping.
Icon_missing_thumb
32 Posts
Jun 23, 2014 7:29pm
via Android

I've had insomnia for about 4 and a half years now (im only 18) and I've tried literally everything. Try no caffeine, no exercise before bed, no unnecessary sugars, sleeping tablets (sometimes its the only way if they work for you), lavender oil on your pillow, pitch black room, slightly cooler temperature in your room, and muscle relaxation techniques. If none of these work then I'm sorry and you're like me... Best of luck

Image_thumb
74 Posts
Jun 25, 2014 1:27am
via Android

You should take Melatonin 5mg before bed. Works for me. It's all natural. Do some research first to see for yourself, then go to Walmart. It's only 5$

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Jun 25, 2014 2:10am
via iOS
Sam you need to talk to Sara p she comment below she knows something that may help your insomnia that she has tried
25 Jun
Sorry to say, I've suffered for more than 20 yrs, tried all types of aides, natural and otherwise. Unfortunately, I use medicine, but I alternate so I don't get addicted to just one or my body doesn't adjust if you will, to just one. Sometimes I won't take anything for a couple of weeks, give my body cleansing time, but unfortunately, I get absolutely no sleep either. Prayerfully your's is not as a severe case. Make SURE YOU TALK WITH YOUR DR. BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING.
Image_thumb
140 Posts
Jun 27, 2014 12:24pm
via Android

Well I went to the doctor today and I might have a thyroid issue. But eating more veggies and working out can help it so I glad im on the right track. To regulate myself

Image_thumb
140 Posts
Jun 27, 2014 12:25pm
via Android

Thanks for the advice everyone :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51