First Timer Workout

2 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jun 26, 2014 3:57am
via Android

I am a first timer when it comes to working outany suggestions on how to get started and stay movitated

41665_807960444_1603_n_thumb
24 Posts
Jun 26, 2014 4:36am
via Android

That's a hard question to answer without knowing your current health and fitness status. Just cause this is your 1st time working out doesn't immediately suggest your out of shape...

If you are, might I suggest searching through the "casual" workouts. I personally still do The Globetrotter Bod when I'm feeling busy, unmotivated, or am away from home. There's also Exercises for Starters & many more. Start with one and add more as your endurance climbs. Once you can do 2 or 3 casual workouts, add a moderate, and so on. Remember to keep mixing up the workouts you choose, selecting ones that vary what section of the body is being emphasized.

Listen to music and watch things that inspire you to move. Look for people who'll encourage you and hold you accountable. Keep track, not of your weight, but of your performance gains. They come faster and more consistently then weight loss.

Finally, don't undervalue good fitness habits that can be incorporated into every day life; take the stairs, add walking by parking on the far side of the lot, toss in some pushups or squats on your breaks...  All stuff I'm sure you've heard before, but try to take it to heart, figuratively and literally.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51