Motivation

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 26, 2014 4:22am
via Android

I have the right mind set to workout and eat right. Stayed in it for a good month or so but then I hurt my ankle and it all went downhill. I went back to not working out and drinking sodas and eating fried food (working at a restaurant makes it hard not to). I just cannot seem to get back in the habit of healthy ways again and stick with it. Need some daily motivation to remind myself to choose the healthy path. Suggestions anyone?

26 Jun
Im in the same boat. I got really into it and was making progress but truth be told I got lazy. So keep up the hard work and remember the hard work is worth the end result.
26 Jun
You got it. That all you need is a vision board and a workout journal. And also a positive mind out how you want to feel and look
27 Jun
Join a motivation group if you'd like, I can add you to mine
03 Jul
Lauren. I would love to be added to your group!
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jun 26, 2014 4:35am
via Android

I know what are you exactly trying to say. I had the same problem
(Not an injury, just to busy with work). You have to join or just talk with people who worked hard. Just to remind yourself "hey I can do it too"  post your result, challenge some friends make it like a fun game. People are motivated by your progress, as well you are going to be motivated by theirs.  Is not going to be easy getting back on track but hey one day at a time. And it will become more a hobbie than a workout. You can do it!

1384328_10202467754040353_1408237916_n_thumb
9 Posts
Jun 26, 2014 10:39pm
via Android

Good suggestions from everyone replying already.  One thing I'd add - no-one (absolutely no-one) is motivated every day. And that's ok. When your motivation drops after a really good period of working out, it's easy to end up doing nothing.  If you can't match or beat what you did yesterday then what's the point right?  That's how I used to feel sometimes anyway. 

Last week I worked 60 hours, and 50+ the week before. Towards the end of the 2nd week I was exhausted and didn't work out for 3 days.  I just started out again slow, and I'm building up again without putting too much pressure on myself.  If you expect miracles from yourself every day you won't keep it up.  Stay focused on your goals and do your best :-). Best of luck! :-)

28 Jun
Work gets me as well. 70+ a week. Tough to stay motivated.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jun 26, 2014 11:36pm
via Android

You're beautiful & should feel awesome about yourself! Maybe if youre not happy at the moment buy a smaller shirt or shorts so youll be motivated. Missing a few days is fine and no one says every workout has to make you sore. Get a scale that measures muscle and body fat so youll truely see the difference if youre weight goes up it may be because you got more muscle. Ya never know(:

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 3, 2014 3:23am
via Android

Thanks for all the replies!
Yet another thing happened, family member passed away and has me back in the slumps. I cought myself eating whatever and however much I wanted. :/ im sure whatever progress I made is now gone. Yet again.
I think I definitely need to join a motivation group!

03 Jul
You have to be fair to you, and your feelings. I have had alot of family death in the last few months. It is tough but no challenge is impossible if you are willing to give it your all. I work in a restaurant too. I stopped drinking as muchvand I eat only light food. I try not to eat later than 8pm
03 Jul
I'm in
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 3, 2014 8:10am
via Android

Im kind of in the samw boat. I started working out again after a hiatus started with hiking.and i fractured my ankle. As soon as i get cleared to work out again i will be on it 100% i cant wait! What motivates me is to prove to myself that i can come back from an injury and go harder than before. You can do it!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51