Staying Motivated

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 27, 2014 8:23pm
via Android

I have always been the fat kid since I can remember, for a while I have tried to work out consistently and eat right but my mind can't seem to stay motivated so I fall right back to where I started. How do I knock this barrier of being lazy and unmotivated??

27 Jun
You got to want to change....
27 Jun
True true, thank you.
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 27, 2014 9:08pm
via Android

I have the same problem. When it comes to staying motivated your best bet is to figure out what you want to achieve,  and use your goal to keep you motivated. It helps to make some kind of visual representation of your goal, like a collage, and hang it where you'll see it every day, like right by your bed, or by the door. That way every time you see it, you'll be reminded of exactly what it is you're working so hard for, and what you can accomplish. Also, if you're kind of just starting out, taking steps to really show yourself you're committed to your fitness helps so much! Go buy yourself new active wear and gear, if you need it, or a protein powder, or if you're able to, go through your kitchen and throw away all of the junk food. As you lose weight, take all your old clothes that no longer fit you to your local goodwill or salvation army, and reward yourself for meeting smaller goals with new clothes or pedicures or frozen yogurt with your girlfriends. Get your girl friends to exercise with you, and tell each other about your success (they can help keep you motivated and in check). Try working out early in your day whenever possible, since you'll be more likely to opt for healthier foods afterward so as not to ruin your workout. Sometimes it helps me as well if I allow myself one cheat day every two weeks, where I allow myself to eat whatever I want, but still work  out. It's up to you to find what works for you. Those are all what I do

27 Jun
I'm going to try this! I really appreciate it, thank you

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51