Injury

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 6, 2014 5:51am
via Android

I had a rollerblading accident and tore the cartilage in my knee, it doesn't hurt eny more but when I bend my leg more than 90° I hear loud popping sounds like stepping on bubble rap , I want to exercise it but I don't want to do it eny damage, eny suggestions.

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 6, 2014 6:44am
My knee , I twisted my knee and tore the cartilage between my joint.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 6, 2014 9:13am
via Android

I did get it checked by a doctor and he said not to do eny strenuous exercise on it , he suggested bike riding or something lite , that was about a year ago and still its making a popping sound when I bend it maybe its not a problem , I just don't want to be injuring it.

Image_thumb
43 Posts
Jul 6, 2014 1:24pm
via Android

Hi robert i too had a knee injury some days back, not as big but i too had the same problem. I couldnt run, jog or bend my knee after a certain degree. I did a bit cycling, weightless leg extension, medicinal ball wherein i used to keep my feet on the ball and roll from left to right and then right to left. Some wall sit ups. My knee does hurts a bit though, but its quite better. I also did a bit of ultrasound therapy. I will try to find my schedule and let you know. Till then i hope this helps. Good luck.

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 6, 2014 1:38pm
via Android

Thank you so much for the information , I might look into that ultrasound therapy.

Image_thumb
37 Posts
Jul 6, 2014 1:59pm
via Android

Hallo Robert. I tore my meniscus two years ago and my doctors told me the same thing. My physiotherapist suggest to strengthen the muscles surrounding the knee and strengthen the core (e.g. doing planks). Now I can do almost every exercises but I'm careful with squats and lunges. I don't think the popping sound will ever disappear but as long as it doesn't hurt it should be fine. When it starts hurting a bit I usually put voltarene creme on it. (don't know if it's also called like that outside of europe. It's a gele used for hurting muscles and joints). Hope this will help you and best with your recovery

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 6, 2014 3:26pm
via Android

Thank you so much , thats what the doctor said I injured was my meniscus, It's helpful to hear from someone with the same issues.  I'm sad to hear the popping probably won't go away but I will continue to try and strengthen the muscle around my knee.

★ Thanks for the helpful information.

06 Jul
The first exercises I did after the injury were abductor and adductor workouts. I did it with a resistance band but I think there's also a machine in gyms called standing abductor machine (?). I'm not sure how it's really called xD
07 Jul
I will have to try that :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51