Self Confidence

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jul 9, 2014 3:31am
via Android

Ok, I know a ton of people talk about this, but I still wonder. Many people have told me I'm pretty or beautiful, mostly family and friends. I honestly don't see it. I'm not trying to start a pity party for myself, I'm just wondering how to boost my self confidence, and suggestions?

09 Jul
Love yourself for who you are and don't try to compare yourself with others (especially celebrities). The society have different and sometimes irrational standards of beauty. Don't follow those standards and be as beautiful and as unique as you are :)
L-chameleons_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 9, 2014 10:46am

I used to have a problem with confidence when I was younger, but it took me the longest time to move out of that phase. Here are a few things that helped:

• List your strengths and weaknesses. Confidence doesn’t mean that you can do anything, it means you know your limits and are comfortable in that knowledge.
  • Workout. It gives you a positive image of yourself, and it feels nice when people that you haven’t seen in a while tell your that you look good!
  • Give yourself a boost before doing something that you aren't comfortable with such as a job interview, or that date with your crush. For example: I would get ready, and as I am shaving to go for that interview I'm worried about, I would start complimenting myself in the third person for actually going through with the interview. Then as I am wearing my suit, I'd start telling myself how I got this, and that they are lucky to have me go work for them.

I know that my last point sounds silly, but it actually did work for me. I don't need to do it at a regular basis anymore, but you will still see me mumble to myself before a date that I'm anxious about! Studies have shown that repetition of a word or phrase does ingrain it in the participants head. (It could be the reason why you see people in a trance at sport events chanting their favorite cheer).

Last and definitely not least is the reason you are here: Working Out!

It helps remove stress, elevate your mood, and gives you a better image of yourself in the mirror.

09 Jul
09 Jul
Don't mention it. :)
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 9, 2014 4:18pm
via Android

I agree with THE C. Self talk is a great way to boost self confidence. Self confidence is exactly what it says it is and can only be gained through ones self. If you think negative thoughts about yourself you will never get to where you want to be. YOU have to keep it positive. Tell yourself your good qualities everyday and even when you are down. Don't forget about your "bad" qualities though. They are there for a reason and you can make the choice to improve on them or not. Make a list of the good and bad so you can see them on paper then break it down and start doing some research on how you can improve your weak points as well as your strong points. If you ignore the strong points and only focus on the weeks points the strong will eventually become the weak. You are doing great and have done the first step to anything..... asking for help and guidance. Get to it and don't ever give up no matter how bad it gets.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51