No support or motivation..

7 posts | Original | Recent
7 Posts
Jul 9, 2014 10:40am
via Android

I have been trying to lose weight for a while, when I try to get help or support from my friends and family, they laugh and discourage me. I had baby 6 months ago and it is harder to eat healthy and get in shape. I just want some workout buddies who can help me in my journey.
Current weight: 201lbs
Goal weight: 150-160 lbs

10 Jul
We have roughly the same goal and are close in weight maybe we can help each other. I am new on hear and need some motivation as well
1 Post
Jul 9, 2014 10:54am
via Android

Omgosh. Me too! Except that, everyone around me is very supportive. Almost to the point of being overbearing, as they try to tell me exactly what I should or shouldn't eat, etc. Lol. So no problem in that area. However, I'm so lazy it seems. I have 2 kids..and am in college again trying to get my degree. So maybe I'm tired, but I think if I could lose about 60 lbs I will have so much more energy. Exercising will help energy levels too I believe.

09 Jul
Yes! I'm thinking getting in shape well give me more energy too. This is my first baby and he is a handful lol. It's easier to just grab quick unhealthy food than to actually think and prepare meals
7 Posts
Jul 9, 2014 11:18am

It seems to me that your friends and family do not actively work out, and quite frankly... they could be a bit more supportive. You already have a goal of losing 50 pounds, which is you need a plan!

I recently lost about 60 lbs which was a long and tedious battle, and what helped was making a S.M.A.R.T plan.

Specific: You need to be specific in what you will do. Are you going to diet? Exercise? both? Will you be doing swimming? Riding a bicycle? Jog?

Measurable: You already know that you want to lose 50lbs, so we have that covered. I would suggest that you also measure yourself every 2-3 weeks to monitor your progress.

Achievable: 50lbs is easily achievable once you set your mind to it!

Realistic: Your plan must be realistic. You will not be working out 7 days a week with a 6 month old baby. Perhaps start off with 2-3 times a week and work yourself up from there?

Timely: Set yourself a timely goal. 12 months? 18 months?

Good luck with your plan! and remember...

09 Jul
Thank you I will try that!
6 Posts
Jul 9, 2014 5:13pm
via Android

You should never give up. No metter how hard the situation is, always believe that something beautiful is going to happen.

15 Posts
Jul 10, 2014 12:14am
via Android

Don't let the haters get u down!!!  Prove them wrong and never let anyone tell u that u can't do something!!!

39 Posts
Jul 10, 2014 2:55am
via Android

Ugh...had 2 kids, both C sections. After my first, I weighed 210. I went down to 160. After my second was up to 190. Went through a bad back, divorce, and depression. Started with just walking and progressed from there. Now at 166....will be happy at a goal of 160 set by my Dr. Plus I'm over 40!!! So don't give up honey. You can do it if you want it bad enough!!!!  

201 Posts
Jul 10, 2014 3:49am
via Android

Your all in the right place! This app and about 99% of the Skimble fam are looking out for one another in helping reach fitness goals! Stay strong, it's your body and up to you to be healthy and get your body where you want it. We're just here to help you along the way

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51